Any trike riders in Massachusetts?

brianl

300+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm a soon-to-be trike rider in Massachusetts. I haven't been able to find an insurance company that will insure a trike for the full or appraised value. In fact, they won't insure a trike at all! If anyone can tell me which insurance company they use, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Briani, Many insurance companies insure them as a bike with the kit value added under the heading of "accessories". That is how mine is, and I know others with that. I think from-the-factory trikes (TriGlide, Can-Am, etc.) have to be insured as a trike, but you may approach your company with the other option.

Brian, in NY, I am insured with Foremost ins. As bike with accessory. My rate actually went down a drop. However, I ride a stock HD TG. Can't say how ins reacts to kit. Note Northeast trike rally coming up in August also. Will be in Torrington, CT this year.

Hi Brianl, welcome to Trike Talk!! I'm in the Sturbridge area. I have Progressive right now, but I'll check and see who I had before this - Allstate maybe? I remember they questioned why I had it insured for so much, but once I explained that there was a trike kit on the bike (mine is a Suzuki Boulevard with a factory installed Lehman trike, and sold as a trike), they had no problem with it at all - just wanted pictures to "document" it, I think.

Anyway, welcome to the world of triking!! You've picked a great place to start - and I just LOVE that we have another MA triker!! We're growing slowly, but we ARE growing!! pepper

Brian,

let's meet ~n~ greet, some time soon for maybe a lunch meeting..

Most of my ride'n friends, are folks like yourself, that when we meet , we all become friend(s)........

I'm from Springfield

Ronnie

2/3/23

Brian,

let's meet ~n~ greet, some time soon for maybe a lunch meeting..

Most of my ride'n friends, are folks like yourself, that when we meet , we all become friend(s)........

I'm from Springfield

Ronnie

2/3/23

I guess your not interested in meeting :mega-shock: I tried! trust me I don't bite, I'm a friendly bike'rrr { 2/11/23}

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png