brake pads

Reaction score
Finally got my front tire replaced, took awhile but glad I learned it myself. saved a few dollars from the stealer. I noticed when I was doing the install that my brake pads are getting to the service life. went to Harley to get prices on pads. they want 49 for a set of two. well I need four with the dual calipers. that's 100 bucks. I know safety can't be measured in dollars. thought I would do some checking and see what else is out there.I've seen ebc mentioned on here and looks like I can almost get all four ebc pads for the Harleys two.

only thing I'm confused on its the types.

there's sintered, Kevlar, metallic can't remember the others.

my stock rotors are still good. what's my best option for s topping power and its compatible with the stock rotors. also gonna get the rears while I'm at it and it looks like some of the same type are available.

thanks

Can anyone tell me what Lyndall brakes part number is for the rear pads for a 2005 HD Ultra with the Lehman conversion? I want to order the front and rear , but I don't know the part number. I sent an email to Lyndall and Lehman, but so far, no reply.
Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me what Lyndall brakes part number is for the rear pads for a 2005 HD Ultra with the Lehman conversion? I want to order the front and rear , but I don't know the part number. I sent an email to Lyndall and Lehman, but so far, no reply.

Thanks in advance.

Something to remember, from the seat back you bike/trike isn't a 2005 HD Ultra anymore. Your best plan is call, E-mail Lehman and find out what type of break set-up they use on their conversions. For instance, friends lost the front U-Joint on their Lehman / Wing conversion. A call to Canada got them a part number for a Mustang II U-joint. It is a good bet the parts they use are relatively common, it just takes some research. Didn't Motor Trike buy Lehman when they went broke??

Good Luck.

Just got a set of Lyndall Golds for the rear brakes. Can I reuse the nuts, bolts and clips from the set I am changing out? HD doesn't sell a hardware kit. When priced out separately it was $112!!! It comes with the OEM pad kit for $89.00. Or, does anyone know the part number for the kit? And, would you use Vaseline in lieu of silicone grease for the lube?

Just got a set of Lyndall Golds for the rear brakes. Can I reuse the nuts, bolts and clips from the set I am changing out? HD doesn't sell a hardware kit. When priced out separately it was $112!!! It comes with the OEM pad kit for $89.00. Or, does anyone know the part number for the kit? And, would you use Vaseline in lieu of silicone grease for the lube?
Only use silicone grease ! The heat will get rid of anything else, Also you don't want a petroleum oil or grease around your brakes !!
KY might work,,,,,it works on so many other things........!peppernot !!!!!
:Trike1:

If the bolts are in good shape and the clips don't get bent you should be able to reuse them, I did with no problems. Stick with the silicone grease, you need something that will stand up to the heat.

If the bolts are in good shape and the clips don't get bent you should be able to reuse them, I did with no problems. Stick with the silicone grease, you need something that will stand up to the heat.

Ditto what M3 advises, when we did my Lyndall pad conversion we were able to use all of the removed parts. Silicone grease only!!

Finished the rear brake job today. I used a hi-temp silicone grease on the bushings and o-rings. Boy were they all cruded up, they move nice and smooth now. Autozone had packets of 400* and 3000* silicone for $0.99. I got the 3000. Parking brake was a PIA, probably should have removed it while I had it somewhat apart. I think I have it adjusted by the book. When I activate the rear brake and set the parking brake it works fine. If I press hard on the brake pedal the parking brake lever doesn't want to move. I'll play with that later.

All the brake squeal is gone and can't wait till the lyndall golds are broken in. The OEM pads I took off had 7000 miles and still had a lot of meat left on them. I was just fed up with all the noise and brake dust they were making.

At least now I'm not being embarrassed by all the brake noise.

Thanks for the info.

how do I get the pistons to back in on the rear calipers, pressure doesn't do it and there doesn't appear to be a place to screw the pistons back in the caliper. all help will be appreciated

When I took the nut off the adjustor for the parking brake, I backed it out then used a C-clamp to push the piston back in. Make sure the cover is off the rear brake reservoir.

how do I get the pistons to back in on the rear calipers, pressure doesn't do it and there doesn't appear to be a place to screw the pistons back in the caliper. all help will be appreciated

Did you remove the cover on the rear brake reservoir to relieve the pressure?

I took moneywoes advice from a different thread and had no problems now just waiting for Lyndall to send the pads

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png