• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Anyone tried the "Bike Barn" cover?

That actually looks pretty interesting. Especially since I have to park mine outside and just put cover over all time. Which doesn't cover bottoms of wheels.

I haven't used one, but I don't think I would spend that kind of money for a tent and something that can be opened with a knife. I would think for that amount you could buy a metal shed that will store more than just your trike. I wouldn't feel safe putting my TG in that.

Agree $400 for a tent. They make larger portable garages. Noticed they say protects from Sun, rain, dust,, not wind and snow. A shed would be more practical.

I have to agree with you. I hadn't thought about the security part of it. I like to think I live in a safe neighborhood, but you never know. Thanks for the advise. By the way, I spoke with the roadsmith dealer today and they're finally ready for one of my side panels so they can paint my new kit. Can't wait!

I do not have one, but am interested. I live in Texas, in a subdivision with deed restrictions that prevent me from putting a shed anywhere it can be seen from the street. (Please don't go off on me for living under the deed restrictions, they replace zoning, which we do not have. Unless you are WAAAYYY out in the country, you will have deed restrictions).

When I was riding my previous bike (Suzuki Boulevard), I used a Cycle shell, which is essentially the same thing, except that it lays down completely flat when the bikes not in it. I did not use it a a security feature, I used it to keep the Texas sun from baking my paint and cooking my leather. I may look into this as an alternative to putting the HD cover on my TG every night.

If you are like BikerBozo and I, and you have to leave it outside anyway, it might be worthwhile.

I also used a Cycle Shell. I found here in New England that there was not enough ventilation with the Cycle Shell and my bike would be covered with condensation when I opened it up. Caused my foot pegs to rust........

Had a friend in Chicago bought one and really liked it 'til it started rotting out about 2-1/2yrs after he bought it. Me, I'd build something more stable.

8~\o

I too, have to "park" outside. I had a Cycle Shell (Here) for several years when my Wing was a 2 wheeler and was very please with it. I frequently ride the 80 mile round trip to work and return home at 2-3 a.m. The last thing I'm interested in doing is struggling with the cover at that hour.

The cycle shell mechanism & platform lasted well, but the fabric cover was starting to get "tired". About the same time, the bike was changed to 3 wheels and wouldn't fit anyway. Time to do something different.

I already have 2 sheds in my yard and I didn't want to push my luck with the town by adding another. :Shrug: I'm not even sure if 2 is OK - but so far so good.

I now have the "Bike Barn" and everything is good so far (only a few months). Seems to be well constructed, and the "tent" material appears to be good quality - similar to boat covers... Time will tell, but I'm currently pleased with it.

Worth $450? Who knows - a new cycle shell, tourer size (large) is $425 (as a reference).

Bottom line, shed would be nice - but watch out for door opening dimensions. In my area, a good quality, pre-built shed, delivered to your yard is about $1200 to $1500.

If I can get a few years out of the "barn", I'll be happy. (Actually, I'll be happy if I can get a few more years out of me - :D ) You can always purchase a replacement cover from them for about $225.

Anyway, it works for me - good luck with you situation. ThumbUp

Cover?

I have run outta room in my garage so I started thinking about a shed, next thought was to shelter the lawnmower and a small trailer, from there the large camping trailer, then why not my pickup...my "design" is now a barn with large door 40'x50' on a concrete slab, with bathroom, heat, lights, etc.

Bottom line is I've priced myself out of the market--maybe I can find a cover.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png