Cup Holder Ideas?

Juju

Contributing Member
Aug 29, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Who has a cup holder on their handlebar? Where did you get it and how does it attach?

I get incredibly thirsty when we're out for a longish ride, so I'd like to be able to grab a quick slosh of water at stop lights. I thought about using the Camelbak that I use when bicycle riding, but it's summer in Florida and I don't need any additional stuff on my back.

So, any advice? Thanks in advance!

Here's one option.....The Kroozie - Home

Just picture yourself, leaning against Goldie, gazing out over the ocean with your waterbottle at hand...... Well, it could happen!
LOL!!!!!

There are all kinds of drink holders out there to choose from. Most of the goldwing folks we know go with "The Butler". Has a very large cup, garanteed to make you stop if you drink it all too fast.:eek:

We have RAM mounts with a MotoFizz cupholder on the front and a BCS holder under the rear armrest. RAM mounts can attach pretty much anything to your bike. They have a vast array of connectors and accessories. A 1" ball attaches to your bike, another to the object you are attaching, and there is an arm between them. Here is the address:

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Not affiliated, usual disclaimers apply, this answer best viewed with a computer, etc.

Thanks for all the ideas. Chrome drink holders! Who knew? :D

But having checked out the RAM system, I think that looks best--mainly because it's so versatile. I learned something too--I've heard people talk about RAM mounts but never knew what they were. Seems like the RAM mount would be good if I ever get a GPS or want to mount a videocam.

Off to give old Uncle Mastercard a little chance to show the love. Cha-ching :D

I'm a big fan of RAM mounts and have several of their products, but when it comes to looks on the bike, I think the Kruzer Kaddy wins hands down and there's not a lot if price difference. Just my :2cents: worth.

Now back ot the original question - (sorry guys)

We have found that a static holder works a lot beter than a swivel one. (like a Bike Bouy, the Ram drink holder, etc.) The ones that swivel let the mug, cup, bottle etc. move around more, and increase the chance of it falling out or spilling. dont need a swivel on a trike. got a picture of the set up I have on the front of Her purpleness. Not the best picture, bu you get the idea -

Juju, Everyone already gave you recommendations. I agree with Ozarkryder I had a swinging holder and made it stationary with glue. The bottle keep trying to fall out. I love having a water bottle right there when I'm riding. Keeps me hydrated in the Florida heat. Ted

My husband fashioned a handlebar beverage holder using an adjustable bicycle bottle holder with a RAM ball mount with a screw or bolt in it attached to the beverage holder. It wasn't the least expensive thing because RAM balls, arms, etc. aren't cheap. The bicycle bottle holder was the least expensive item.

Easy to move from one RAM mount to another.

Someone is now marketing the same thing, but I don't recall who.

I use the Butler cup and holder. Been using them a few years and no problems. Regular and large size cost the same, so get the large...

Whoa! If I drank that much of coffee, soda or whatever, the pit stops wouldn't be close enough together. :D

I drink only H2O when riding…use only the flip top bottles. I’ve got a stretch bottle koozie that the bottle goes in and then the whole thing goes in the insulated Kruzer Kaddy. Stays comfortably cold between stops.

My cup holder is a natural. The void between my windshield bag and the handlebars is wide enough (or narrow enough) to securely hold a 20 oz bottle of soda or water.

Water bottle holder

I went to good ole Wally World, found a drink holder for a bicycle that had a handle bar clamp on it. Works terrific, holds a water bottle with ease. Best $4 I ever spent.

Before this question can be answered accurately we need to know what Trike you are riding. If it is aWing then the answer can certainly give you more choices than a Triglide.

All good suggestions for how to hold, but don't forget to to think about what's going to be put in that holder.

The best container by far is the Contigo (there may be other brands that do the same thing, but don't know their name). It's a double-wall metal container that has a flip-up spout. You press a button and a tube flips up that you can sip like a straw. This allows you to drink without tipping your head up or down and is easy to push back down so nothing spills out. Best of all, you only have to put about three or four ice cubes in it and it will keep your water cold for at least 6 hours no matter how hot it gets. Not sure how or why it works so well, but it does. I think they run about $20 for two at Costco, but other place probably carry them too.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png