Brakes Front and Rear

FRIENDS

I appreciate all the suggestions everyone has shared and "Jax", thanks for the offer, but stay at home as YES the weather in our state is too

cold and rainy. Anyhoo, we now must put the trike on hold as a problem has cropped up on our car. Last evening, my wife was coming home

from a meeting and a car in front of her either hit something in the road or something fell off it and my wife ran over it with the right front

wheel and heard a loud bang. She pulled over, as she could and heard another bang just before she could stop. She thought is might have

blown a tire, but that wasn't the case. She grabbed the flashlight a saw the plastic inner fender liner had come loose and tried to reaffix it

and tried to slowly drive home. All seemed ok until another bang happened on she saw more debris spitting out the rear of the car. She

stopped again and saw the inner liner had come off and she walked back a few yards back and found it shredded completely up. That was

not all. She started the car a began the final 5 miles home, when the brake lite, VBS and ABS lit up like a Christmas tree. We now msut

have the car towed to the dealership, luckily we have AAA, but the car is out of warranty. At least we have my truck to

get around in the meantime. Another worry is "they say, it comes in threes". Will keep y'all posted as time allows.

Front stallion Pads

Just a little info on Stallion Brakes. Both TomG and I have replaced back pads. TomG yesterday pad a metal on metal scraping in the rear. Right rear pad completely wore out. Replacement pads FORD 500. NAPA says rotors are from the same application. TomG may jump in here and add what year 500. The rear caliper pistons are a pain to reset. Because they also control the emergency/parking brake the pistons have to be turned in. There is a tool available at auto parts places that looks like a cube with each side having a different pattern of tabs to fit the pistons to turn them in.

If you get to the point where TomG is the piston adjuster may have turned out enough that it has come completely out and they are a devil to get back in so you can put new pads in.

SUGGESTION change your rear pads every 25K miles.

The front pads are very straight forward. The application I found for them is a TOYOTA 2012 FJ CRUISER. Maybe other application but I know these work. I changed MJ's out at 35K but they really didn't need it. Better safe then sorry though because we were going on the long trip. Guess only maybe 50k wear out of the fronts. Be conservative and change early to save the rotors.

Ted AKA Gorilla

Question....I see that--TS7487M for a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 L rear pads....I order rear pads to fit the front of Stallion right? Thanks...after 50,000 miles...and tires don't look to to bad, need to check for dry rot....8 year old tires...still...Love My Trike..

ODDOMAN

South Carolina..

Question....I see that--TS7487M for a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 L rear pads....I order rear pads to fit the front of Stallion right? Thanks...after 50,000 miles...and tires don't look to to bad, need to check for dry rot....8 year old tires...still...Love My Trike..

ODDOMAN

South Carolina..

The pads are for the rear of the Toyota but the FRONT of your Stallion. I changed MJ's rear tires from her "08" mid last year just because they were 8 years old. They still looked like they could of gone another 40k but the age and that is my life partner, so I was not going to take a chance.

I did not want to begin another thread on brakes. I am looking for the rubber "bushings" that go on the caliper sliders on the front brake. I have visited O'reilly and they ordered a kit which had an assortment of brake parts, but when they came in they were too large. I wonder if anyone has ordered these bushings and could post the part #. I am posting a link to a picture of what I am talking about, but these are not the Stallion bushings. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake...ash=item41b93adca2:g:GgsAAOSwCAVa3KRL&vxp=mtr

I did not want to begin another thread on brakes. I am looking for the rubber "bushings" that go on the caliper sliders on the front brake. I have visited O'reilly and they ordered a kit which had an assortment of brake parts, but when they came in they were too large. I wonder if anyone has ordered these bushings and could post the part #. I am posting a link to a picture of what I am talking about, but these are not the Stallion bushings. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake...ash=item41b93adca2:g:GgsAAOSwCAVa3KRL&vxp=mtr

Many import cars use a slider pin type bushing like that

Check with a Toyota caliper yet?

Just a little info on Stallion Brakes. Both TomG and I have replaced back pads. TomG yesterday pad a metal on metal scraping in the rear. Right rear pad completely wore out. Replacement pads FORD 500. NAPA says rotors are from the same application. TomG may jump in here and add what year 500. The rear caliper pistons are a pain to reset. Because they also control the emergency/parking brake the pistons have to be turned in. There is a tool available at auto parts places that looks like a cube with each side having a different pattern of tabs to fit the pistons to turn them in.

just a question where's Master cycl for flushing the brake system under the trike ?? or under the hood.

If you get to the point where TomG is the piston adjuster may have turned out enough that it has come completely out and they are a devil to get back in so you can put new pads in.

SUGGESTION change your rear pads every 25K miles.

The front pads are very straight forward. The application I found for them is a TOYOTA 2012 FJ CRUISER. Maybe other application but I know these work. I changed MJ's out at 35K but they really didn't need it. Better safe then sorry though because we were going on the long trip. Guess only maybe 50k wear out of the fronts. Be conservative and change early to save the rotors.

Ted AKA Gorilla

master cyclinder under the hood or under the trike ?

under trike about even with the front of the rear seat area. best accessed from below

^^ What he said. When people call in asking location I explain it this way (a bit crude, but works!). With the seat removed just behind the evap canister on the left side is a hole that will give you line of sight to the master cylinder & fluid reservoir. If you imagine a passenger sitting on the bike, the "hole" is where your left leg would meet your cheek; look straight down (having a light helps) & you will see the cap for the brake fluid reservoir.

From underneath, as far as front to back of the bike, it's beside the transmission tailshaft/front u-joint area. Left to right it's just to the left of the frame of the bike (the cruise cancel switch is beside it, blue/white switch under bike with the 2 wires on it).

Stallion front brake rotor replacement

I'm new to forum. Have 2009 Stallion, bought new, # 522. I need to replace a front brake rotor. Can anyone give me part information? Also, instructions on replacement?

Thanks

PastorDannyP

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png