• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Hi from Springfield, NJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've always dreamed of owning a trike and hopefully within the next yr. I will..have always been interested in bikes and trikes but have no riding experience.

I thought by getting involved with trike.com I could talk to actual owners in my area and find out what to do next..if I don't have a bike license how do I go about trying out a trike to see if I actually like riding them before jumping in and buying one. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Have a great weekend,
Chrizzo

Go ahead and take the written portion of the test and get a permit and then see if you can someone who will give you instruction on riding a trike. Some states hav these while others don't.:Trike1:

Welcome chrizzo61 from Middle Ga, You have come to the correct web site to get great answers.
To answer your question if I was starting out; I am sure that there are trikes in your area, you just have to find them. Once found, trike riders as a whole, will be more than happy to help you get started down the path of riding. Type in bike events or bike clubs and your town into Google and see what pops up. Hope this helps.
John

Welcome from the Great Lakes State! :wave4:

Perhaps your local Harley dealer could help out, maybe take you for a test ride on a TriGlide and help you feel out the situation with a trike??

I know that at most of the demo events they require a license with motorcycle endorsement but I think that Can Am Spyder is advertising that you don't have to have a license to try them out.

Our rally in Conn would be the ideal place for you to see trikes an talk to real owners. I would invite you and you are welcome to come. I am afraid that the amount of time we would spend with you verse the driving distance and time(125 miles ) would not be worth it. That of course is your call.
Welcome to the greatest trike site on the planet. Do not be a stranger visit often .

Best wishes in your pursuit of a trike. In the mean time, do as Ed suggested, take the written test, & get a permit. With that "out of the way" you'll have more options when the time is right. It's been so long since I did the "NJ M/C license thing", I wouldn't know what current license requirements are. I think when I did the test, if you rode to the MV station without falling off, you passed. :D :laugh: Let us know your progress - post often, have fun, be safe... :wave4:

In Conn you can ride it for 30 days on a permit with one more 30 day renewal. You must pass both written and eye exam to get permit. Then there is a mandatory course taken for 3 sessions F,S,S. rain or shine. They supply a 250 cc motorcycle for your use. If you pass you get your endorsement . Then you can ride a 2 wheeler or a trike. Only if you have a handicap can you take your test on a trike. Course is $150. And yes when I took my test BACK IN THE DAY on a 150 Vespa the guy looked out the window and said that yours? Did you ride it here? How many miles have you ridden it (200) . Here you go ,go pay the girl. :)

Welcome to the website from the U P of Michigan. Don't fall for the first trike you ride. Try several different ones after you get your temp. Once you decide on a make and model come back and ask, is there any problems with blah blah trike? Most times people here can steer you clear of trouble spots , then you can finish your license and start practicing with the trike you will own. All in all you could get it done in about 3 weeks depending on several things, but you get the picture. Good luck .

Hi everyone,

I've always dreamed of owning a trike and hopefully within the next yr. I will..have always been interested in bikes and trikes but have no riding experience.

I thought by getting involved with trike.com I could talk to actual owners in my area and find out what to do next..if I don't have a bike license how do I go about trying out a trike to see if I actually like riding them before jumping in and buying one. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Have a great weekend,
Chrizzo

Check out ; www.renj.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png