Help Needed With Harley Plug In CB/Intercom

Apr 8, 2009
Waverly, NY
I have a 2011 Harley Ultra & my husband has a 2007. We ride separately but both of us will be riding my trike soon. I have a cord that plugs into the trike to use the cb/intercom/radio but my husbands cord doesn't fit into my trike plug. Anyone know if there is an adapter I can buy so his cord can work with my plug so we can communicate/listen to radio?

I have a 2011 Harley Ultra & my husband has a 2007. We ride separately but both of us will be riding my trike soon. I have a cord that plugs into the trike to use the cb/intercom/radio but my husbands cord doesn't fit into my trike plug. Anyone know if there is an adapter I can buy so his cord can work with my plug so we can communicate/listen to radio?

There is no difference between the plug on a 07 & 11 HD touring, I used the same head set and cord on both my 06 Ultra and 10 Triglide. There must be something funky going on between the 2 cords.

They are different and absolutely 1 will not plug into the other. Makes no sense to me but I sure don't want to pay around $100 for a new cord. Will definitely check with j&m.

They are different and absolutely 1 will not plug into the other. Makes no sense to me but I sure don't want to pay around $100 for a new cord. Will definitely check with j&m.

I'm baffled, I have 2 different styles of HD head sets plus J&M. Both styles of my HD head sets cord will plug into anything from my 06 Ultra up to a 2013 with no problems. My J&M requires the correct lower section, with the HD lower section it will plug into any HD like my HD head sets. The pin out on the CB/Intercom jack between his 07 and your 11 is identical, for the life of me I don't know why they are not interchanging, somethings not right.

I'm baffled, I have 2 different styles of HD head sets plus J&M. Both styles of my HD head sets cord will plug into anything from my 06 Ultra up to a 2013 with no problems. My J&M requires the correct lower section, with the HD lower section it will plug into any HD like my HD head sets. The pin out on the CB/Intercom jack between his 07 and your 11 is identical, for the life of me I don't know why they are not interchanging, somethings not right.

How about the cable that is large on both ends as opposed to the new cables that have a small Din on one end ?
The older headsets had a large din plug & the later one has a small plug on the headset. If you are trying to use the old headset (large Din) with a new cable, the cable is backwards & won't fit. You would need an old style cable. But it wouldn't fit on the other bike either.......?????
The older cables were the same plug on each end.
:Trike1:

How about the cable that is large on both ends as opposed to the new cables that have a small Din on one end ?
The older headsets had a large din plug & the later one has a small plug on the headset. If you are trying to use the old headset (large Din) with a new cable, the cable is backwards & won't fit. You would need an old style cable. But it wouldn't fit on the other bike either.......?????
The older cables were the same plug on each end.
:Trike1:

Your right the connection at the head set it self is different, the bike or trike end is the same, the bike end is the same for 1998 to present.

Ok guys I am a little confused. 1st I will take pictures on my 1st day off (tues). 2nd my husband has an '07 uc bike and mine is an '11 uc limited bike with trike conversion. Would there be a difference in the ultra classic & ultra classic limited plug? You guys are so helpful, thank you so much. I'll be looking forward to reading all your answers after I get out of prison tonight.

Ok guys I am a little confused. 1st I will take pictures on my 1st day off (tues). 2nd my husband has an '07 uc bike and mine is an '11 uc limited bike with trike conversion. Would there be a difference in the ultra classic & ultra classic limited plug? You guys are so helpful, thank you so much. I'll be looking forward to reading all your answers after I get out of prison tonight.

Absolutely no difference between any of the 1998 to present Harley Touring bikes including the Trike, they all use the exact same plug. The only way you could have a fitment issue is if your trying to plug it in upside down, remember it does have an index notch.

So,,,, what have we found with the plugs? Just curious......
Ride Safe Ride often !!:Trike1:

Absolutely no difference between any of the 1998 to present Harley Touring bikes including the Trike, they all use the exact same plug. The only way you could have a fitment issue is if your trying to plug it in upside down, remember it does have an index notch.

My wife did this all the time and got mad because I was ignoring her....figured out she was plugging it in upside down, now she doesn't talk lol.

Wonder if by chance he has the '89-'97 jack on his bike?

My wife did this all the time and got mad because I was ignoring her....figured out she was plugging it in upside down, now she doesn't talk lol.

Wonder if by chance he has the '89-'97 jack on his bike?

He shouldn't on an 07 unless someone went out of their way to make a swap, even then I don't think the old style would work with the modern stuff.

He shouldn't on an 07 unless someone went out of their way to make a swap, even then I don't think the old style would work with the modern stuff.
I know mine dont..Tried to plug in my Older style CB mic into my 2010 troglide and it will not work...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoopdee91

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoopdee91
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png