Front Tire

Reaction score
Has anyone had one go out of round? I have a MPA with Centramatic Wheel Balancer mounted on my Motor Trike Adventure kit. I thought I was having driveshaft problems. The mirrors shake, put your hand on them you can feel them go up & down as you go. Was running a curvy road and as I went around each curve I could feel a bump like shake in the handlebars. It was worst go right. There is only 3000 or so miles on the tire and been doing it for awhile. The mirrors shake worst 35 mph or less then at highway speeds, even go straight.

There is that possibility of out of round, even car tires some time are out of round. Are these tires new?
What are you running for tire pressure, should be about 41 psi on the front. You haven't lost a wheel weight on our rear tires?

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

One of my dealers put a new tire on and I had this problem when I turned right, well come to find out, they put the wrong size tire on and the tire rubbed through the rear of the fender. They replaced the tire, also got a new rear fender out of it. But, this drove me crazy for a while.
The tire was taller than the normal tire called for. Check your tire size, it can't hurt.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Found it, a bad spot on the tire. There is a 8 to 10 inch long spot where only has about 1 inch wear pattern that zig zags a little, while the rest of tire has a 2.5 to 3 inch pattern.

Great, now to make an appointment to have it replaced.
Safe riding!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png