Saddles Bags

hdtriker

Jun 3, 2013
Indiana
1. I saw a picture of a trike here on trike talk that had what looked like two saddlebags on the rear of the trike. I am wondering how they are attached, ect.

2. Where do I sell all of the parts left over from when my Roadglide is tricked?

1. I saw a picture of a trike here on trike talk that had what looked like two saddlebags on the rear of the trike. I am wondering how they are attached, ect.

2. Where do I sell all of the parts left over from when my Roadglide is tricked?

Question 1 answer, there is a couple that has a GW with what looks like two saddlebags, one on each fender. They carry their puppy's in them. They mounted fender racks, Trike Adjustable Chrome Fender Rack - Honda Gold Wing Parts & Accessories by WingStuff.com Built flat pans to mount on the racks and mounted T-Bags on the pans. Hope this helps.

Question 2, don't know ?????? Ebay?

John

They are from H-D and I love the hell out of them. I keep a lot of small crap in them and when I go on vacation I have a back seat luggage that I bungie to the luggage rack so it's a pain to open the lid to get some small item. The saddle bags serve that purpose.
I had a problem with the dealer installation because one of the steps in the install manual is wrong and they installed them crooked. It took a couple months to get them corrected to my satisfaction.
It's so much easier to open them then to keep opening the tour pac.

They are held on by 2 posts and a quick disconnect type pin(like the saddlebags on an Ultra. So you do have to drill 3 holes.

There is also a couple that has a trailer-like trunk on a hitch. It looks like the rear of a bagger. Color-coded to match their trike.

They are from H-D and I love the hell out of them. I keep a lot of small crap in them and when I go on vacation I have a back seat luggage that I bungie to the luggage rack so it's a pain to open the lid to get some small item. The saddle bags serve that purpose.
I had a problem with the dealer installation because one of the steps in the install manual is wrong and they installed them crooked. It took a couple months to get them corrected to my satisfaction.
It's so much easier to open them then to keep opening the tour pac.

They are held on by 2 posts and a quick disconnect type pin(like the saddlebags on an Ultra. So you do have to drill 3 holes.

I cannot seem to find the pictures, can you share the location?

If your talking about the red trike thats mine. I used the saddlebag mounts that were onthe two wheel bike with the trailer hitch mounted to them. turned it around, the saddlebags mounted back on reversed to the brackets and the holed still lined up. Having a newhitch on the trike, I just used apiece of 1 1/4" tubing and slid it into both hitching and put the pins in both. Used black deck railing tubes cut to fit between the two bags to stablize the top size holes with threaded rod thru the tubes and put nuts and washers on the inside of the bags. Found a wire rack that fit between the two bags and just tiewrapped to the rack and found a cooler that fit in between and a few other little mods to it and done. No welding, just a drill and hacksaw.

Now that's different!!

Way too much for me - great for two up though - hubby gets the windshield pouches and wifey gets all the rest. :D pepper :wave4:

There are quite a few using the trailer hitch to carry another trunk instead if pulling a trailer. You can get them complete with tail & brake lights.
There was one that also had a single (caster style) wheel .
Watch the freeways for entertainment !

I have seen those rigs for the goldwing they use the old bags off the bike , if you have had your wing coverted and kept your parts , then it will be easy to make your own. I am sure just as easy for other bikes as well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png