nine_of_diamonds

Reaction score
Starting at the front of the trike, the front wheel is a rear wheel from a Harley Road King modded to take twin Zodiac Wavy discs. The forks are SJP Custom F-Line (250mm wide, +6) with SJP Engineering 4 Piston Brake Calipers. A Fat Boy fender covers said wheel.

The headlight is an SJP Engineering - Black Dual Headlight for Harley Davidson. The carrier above the headlamp was specially made for this trike.

The frame which is from a Yamaha Virago has been extended by four inches to allow for the nine degree rake of the forks and has been fitted with an HD headstock. The speedometer is a Moto Gadget motoscope light. The handlebars are inch & a quarter tapering to inch with Harley switch gear.

It's powered by a 1994 Yamaha Virago 750 engine with HD Sportster exhausts. It has Rickman Eagle Spirit Air/Fuse box covers. The fuel is supplied from a Fat Bob, five gallon capacity tank.

The clutch cover was given a glass face (just to be different).

On the other side of the engine is a Highway Hawk Live To Ride points cover.

A Mustang seat gives extra comfort with (what I call) a bum-catcher to give a passenger extra security (ie less chance of them falling off). The space underneath the seat has been used for the four and a half litre auxiliary fuel tank and the Quaiffe reverse box, the reverse lever being on the right hand side of the trike.

The footrests are Highway Hawk with fog lights underneath. The rear brake pedal is from an HD Sportster. On the left side is a choice between a toe/heel changer or Kliktronic (electronic) gears which is operated by two buttons on the clutch (left) side of the handlebars.

It features double independent rear wishbone suspension with anti-roll bar. Has Shocktec shocks in horizontal opposing position (same set-up as Formula 1). A Sierra diff (which has a 2.9:1 ratio and has been turned upside down to align with the drive shaft easier), Focus shafts and hubs, Zetec brake discs and Audi A7 calipers.

Wheels are seventeen inch TSW Black Ice with 215/45 - 17 tyres. The rear rack is hand made for this trike and the top box is a Givi E55 with brake lights, carrier and back rest pad.

The rear framework was covered by a V2 logo (should have said V-Twin but could also be taken as Version 2). It also has a working tow bar (ie wired up and used as such) which has been used for transporting the Dax on a specially made trailer.

All these mods were my ideas with Trike Design (who are based in Caerphilly and who adapted my ideas to a workable solution) carrying out the work.

Paintwork which was based on the Harley Davidson 100 year celebration design was done by Wolfie at Wolfie's Workshop (who is also based in Wales).

The trike also has pink showlights (well, I am female lol)

A Clifford Alarm makes sure it doesn't get pinched.

The trike is insured for £17,500.

Here is a couple of Arty-Farty photos of the trike

Last edited:
Wow, you've put a lot of thought and hard work into designing your trike. Looks great. Nice job! ThumbUp

I can't make out the reverse set up!
Sorry John, don't really have a better photo.

Try this one

Basically what happens with the Quaiffe reverse is the shaft comes out of the engine into the reverse box and a universal joint connects the reverse box to the diff (being female that was what I was told). If you engage the reverse box the trike now has 5 reverse gears from the fact that it has just turned the drive around. However, I was told that going over second gear in reverse is not advisable. Sorry I can't be more specific. I just design them, I don't know :Shrug: ANYTHING :Shrug: about the mechanics :laugh:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png