Riding gear paid dividends

Teal

Jun 27, 2011
tenn
my brother go hit from behind on his harley 2 wheeler at nite,, just happened to have his riding jacket on.
jacket was shredded from the pavement. no lost skin just broken wrist and banged up knee.:gah:

Driving in rural area on 4 lane as he was turning some teenager hit him at about 35 (no one actually knows). Big dent in the car hood. he doesn't know if he went over the car or off to the side. he said he heard and felt it and the next thing he knew he was flying down the road. the subject was moving the car around trying to find him and almost ran over him. bike completely totaled.
He had just put extra lights on the bike rear.
Talked to him yesterday and he is doing very well-still just sore and nursing a arm cast.
he was lucky:)

Glad he wasn't hurt any worse. Hope he recovers soon.
I just read on another forum where a HD bike got hit from the rear. The teen girl was texting.
Watch out.

Teal, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother!!! He certainly is fortunate. Praying he has a quick and easy recovery and that his bike can be quickly repaired/replaced as need be!

Yes, that's true and not much ya can do about it either. Discourteous and distracted drivers, more of them on the road....

I agree more distracted than anything else ,, to much to do while their driving , you got shaving , putting on make up , searching the radio , and my all time favorite TEXTING !!!!:gah: :gah:...wish the best for your brother Teal

Glad to hear he is OK !!

Anyone ever hear of Draggin Jeans?

Draggin' Jeans

Kevlar butt and knees. Saw a picture of a rider and his jeans... aftermath on a California Hwy slab that was grooved out for traction. Guy had a bruised butt, the pants were shredded but intact.

They make shirts, jeans and jackets. A bit pricey though. I really like mine.

:gah: I seen two teenage girls texting at a stop sign in the car next to me.
They were probably texting each other.
Teens aren't the only ones doing it either!
Sometimes i wish i had an old time fire extinguisher that refills with water and air. I would love to let them have it through the window and drown their precious phone.
Another time i had a pickup come up beside me and he was yelling on his phone and then started pounding on the dash, letting go of the steering wheel.
I was really lucky that his truck weaved to the left into oncoming traffic instead of to the right or he would have taken me out.
Him i would like to drown period.

I'm glad to hear your brother is ok. yes hes really lucky!
Stay safe as you can folks!

"RIDING GEAR" is ALWAYS a Plus in an Accident...ALWAYS...I pretty much, always wear a Motorcycle Jacket with Armor in it (prefer Leather 75% of the time, but mid-summer sometimes forces me to Textile Mesh), Hard Knuckle Race-Type Gloves, Motorcycle Boots, and a DOT Helmet (went back to open face 3/4 last year after years of full coverage and modular). In the Pants Department, at the least, Diamond Gusset Kevlar Jeans (used to be Draggin Jeans, but found Diamond's to have more comfort and quality), at the most, Textile Riding Pants with Armor.....and I'm a Firm Believer in Bright Colors, Hi-Viz or Bright White...NEVER too safe.....ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png