Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Re: Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Excellent! I've noticed in the pics and video you're not pulling a trailer and still riding two up on a very long ride. I also ride two up with my GW/RS probably about the same available space as your HD. I resist the trailer and just use compression bags. Any tips you'd care to share in how pack for the long ride?

Hi Kevin,

I want to thank you & Mary for this thread & the great photos, I'm not sure how I missed this thread while it was happening, but I'm glad I finally looked at it. The only negative part of viewing this thread was that I got very little done Sat.:mad:, I just couldn't stop viewing until the end of the thread.:D

Tell Mary that I found it easy to describe most of her photos with one word, WOW!

Excellent! I've noticed in the pics and video you're not pulling a trailer and still riding two up on a very long ride. I also ride two up with my GW/RS probably about the same available space as your HD. I resist the trailer and just use compression bags. Any tips you'd care to share in how pack for the long ride?

Post #148 at this link gives a good breakdown on what we took-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...ssissippi-to-Alaska-amp-Back-Pic-Heavy/page13

We used several different size stuff sacks. This made it easier to find what we needed, instead of going through one large bag to get a little item that may be at the bottom of that bag. It also made packing it in the trunk easier.

There were dozens of ways to pack where everything would NOT fit in the trunk/Tour-Pak and Rack, and only a few ways where everything Would fit.

In the trunk, heavy small items (like tools) were always along the bottom. Then the big bags went along the back of the trunk, and each side, in a U shape. Then the center of the U was filled up with the medium size bags. Smaller bags were stuffed into the very top, and then loose items/smallest bags were stuffed into all the crooks and cranny's.

In the Tour-Pak the computer went on the bottom, then the Milepost book, then all the papers that we would not need that day, then everything else was arranged for easiest access during the day.

Each morning I would pack the trunk while Mary would pack the TP and then the rack. It usually took us 15 minutes or so to pack all the stuff in the room, then another 10-15 to pack it all into/on the bike.

Hi Kevin,

I want to thank you & Mary for this thread & the great photos, I'm not sure how I missed this thread while it was happening, but I'm glad I finally looked at it. The only negative part of viewing this thread was that I got very little done Sat.:mad:, I just couldn't stop viewing until the end of the thread.:D
Tell Mary that I found it easy to describe most of her photos with one word, WOW!

Glad you enjoyed it!!! ThumbUp

Yep, I agree with you, she took Great pics!!! ;)

Kevin, after re-doing the forum skin with the new background picture, I realized I could have used one your many beautiful pictures. In the future I may want to "borrow" one from you to use.

Kevin, after re-doing the forum skin with the new background picture, I realized I could have used one your many beautiful pictures. In the future I may want to "borrow" one from you to use.

Go for it. Mary would enjoy seeing her pics used.

Kevin,i've showed this to several friends & we all think you did one heck of a job putting us right there with you.Mary did a great job of getting perfect pictures while riding.Did she use any particular settings on the camera to do that?Thanks again for sharing your ride with us.

Kevin,i've showed this to several friends & we all think you did one heck of a job putting us right there with you.Mary did a great job of getting perfect pictures while riding.Did she use any particular settings on the camera to do that?Thanks again for sharing your ride with us.

Thank you. We had a great time.

Most of the pictures were taken with the Fujifilm JX500 with it on prgrammed auto, with the ISO at 400, image quality Fine, White Balance Auto.

Still pics (while stopped) were sometimes taken in Landscape and Panoramic.

Kevin

belated visit tto - Re: Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Just come across this whilst browsing the site, Well done, really enjoyed the trip. It brought back fond memories of our trip ( wife and myself) back in 2012.
From ClearLake to Anchorage and back with many side trips. Awesome country .
We do most of triking in Spain and the European Alps.

Re: belated visit tto - Re: Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Just come across this whilst browsing the site, Well done, really enjoyed the trip. It brought back fond memories of our trip ( wife and myself) back in 2012.
From ClearLake to Anchorage and back with many side trips. Awesome country .
We do most of triking in Spain and the European Alps.

Hey, just saw this post. Glad to hear it brought back good memories!

Riding in Europe, especially the Alps must be amazing.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I'm new to TrikeTalk.com, and I stumbled across this post. All I can say is AMAZING!!!!! Mary took incredible pictures of your adventure, and I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended) to the amazing pictures and videos (along with all the memories) you collected along the way. Thanks so much for sharing this, it almost felt like we were all there with you and Mary on this trip! I also saw your thread about the updates you made to your 2014 TG. I just ordered a 2015 TG (my first 3 wheeler after 30+ years of 2 wheel riding) and you gave me lots of great ideas for customizing/improving it!

Once again, thanks for sharing your adventure!
Chuck

Hi Kevin,
I'm new to TrikeTalk.com, and I stumbled across this post. All I can say is AMAZING!!!!! Mary took incredible pictures of your adventure, and I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended) to the amazing pictures and videos (along with all the memories) you collected along the way. Thanks so much for sharing this, it almost felt like we were all there with you and Mary on this trip! I also saw your thread about the updates you made to your 2014 TG. I just ordered a 2015 TG (my first 3 wheeler after 30+ years of 2 wheel riding) and you gave me lots of great ideas for customizing/improving it!

Once again, thanks for sharing your adventure!
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a trip of a lifetime...& lots of great memories. We are planning on going back to BC next summer to see more of it!

Congrats on the 2015 TG! ThumbUp It's a bit different than 2 wheels, but a lot of fun! :)

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Maybe I missed you mentioning it in your earlier posts, but what brand/model video camera do you use on your TG?

Chuck

Hi Kevin,

Maybe I missed you mentioning it in your earlier posts, but what brand/model video camera do you use on your TG?

Chuck

Drift HD170, it takes video, pictures, is waterproof, has a jack for a remote microphone, we've been really happy with it.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png