Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Re: Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Look ma, no hands!

Home18_zps5c9c288e.jpg

I think Mary is bored...lots of straight interstate, completely different than the majority of the trip in the mountains of Idaho, Montana, Canada etc.

Home19_zpsd6c84678.jpg

We are now in Arkansas, farmland in every direction as far as the eye can see.

Home20_zpsad8ef502.jpg

Just outside of West Memphis, Arkansas we are at our last gas stop for the trip.

If work didn't need to be done, and if Mary did not need to get back home to tend to her animals, garden and such, I could have kept going indefinitely, traveling more roads in North America.

Home21_zps481cdffe.jpg

Crossing the Great Mississippi river from Arkansas....

Home22_zpsa51cd852.jpg

...into Tennessee

Home23_zpsbfa4c67a.jpg

In Mississippi now, on Highway 78 as the sun is setting...we are 15 miles from home.

Home24_zps2be9c098.jpg

More in next post.

Kevin

The view from our driveway, a few minutes after the sun has set.

Home25_zpsa8ca3ac0.jpg

Before even going into the house, we go check out the rabbits...one of the mama's had 8 babies while we were gone. Mary's pretty excited to see them. :)

Home26_zps19e14a67.jpg

We get a picture of ourselves before heading into the house.

Home27_zpsf07de0a1.jpg

Pulling into the bike room...first time the TG has been out of the weather in almost 2 months.

Home28_zps886d2114.jpg

There's a note from Dawn, welcoming us back. The Team at DK Custom has done a great job while we were gone. And Devin, my partner (the "D" in DK) has been very patient.

When we first started planning this trip, we thought we would be gone about 30 days. Then when we actually mapped it out, that was amended to 43 days. We ended up being 55 days!

Home29_zpsf8543c2c.jpg

That's a lot of mailed piled up...and that was only about half of it. :)

Home30_zps342b3545.jpg

Everything back to normal in the bike room....well, the Sporty, which can barely be seen in the corner, is in pieces. Had to get it back together in less than 3 weeks for the Hot Bike Power Tour.

Home31_zpsab8159f2.jpg

We're not sure where next summers trip will take us, but it will for sure include seeing Lydia and Craig!

LydiaTG2_zpsc29f07a3.jpg

:) :) :)

Thanks for riding along with us!

Kevin

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.Very good job of putting us there with you!

Outstanding trip. Gonna miss those road pics and the posts. How cool.....That last one about the motel, now that was funny.

I can't thank you enough for sharing this with all of us. It's the kind of adventure most of us will only get to dream about. But hey, maybe someday, right?

Thanks again! :wave4:

Thanks for the great naration and pictures. We just went over the same bridge at Memphis headed to Ocean Springs to visit friends and then on home to Florida. We were in the car with the injured trike on the trailer. 2 days before we left northern Wisconsin we hit a deer and injured the trike $3600 worth. We were glad to have been on our trike as we were not injured. The deer is deceased however.

DK, Just a wonderful photo tour you've given us. Thankyou so much. Not sure if I dare a trip that long. Ahh, 1.5 yrs 'till full retirement..We'll see where it leads Sugar Bear and me.
cooltech:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.Very good job of putting us there with you!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

Outstanding trip. Gonna miss those road pics and the posts. How cool.....That last one about the motel, now that was funny.

Thank you. Yeah it was really bad, but the sheets were clean, and it was the last night on the road. We just rolled with it. lol

I can't thank you enough for sharing this with all of us. It's the kind of adventure most of us will only get to dream about. But hey, maybe someday, right?

Thanks again! :wave4:

Your welcome. Here's hoping you get to do all the trips you ever dream of!

Thanks for the great naration and pictures. We just went over the same bridge at Memphis headed to Ocean Springs to visit friends and then on home to Florida. We were in the car with the injured trike on the trailer. 2 days before we left northern Wisconsin we hit a deer and injured the trike $3600 worth. We were glad to have been on our trike as we were not injured. The deer is deceased however.

Man, glad you guys are ok after the unexpected meeting with the deer!

Thank you so much for sharing the ride. Truly, a great adventure. ThumbUp

Welcome home...

Thank you!

DK, Just a wonderful photo tour you've given us. Thankyou so much. Not sure if I dare a trip that long. Ahh, 1.5 yrs 'till full retirement..We'll see where it leads Sugar Bear and me.
cooltech:cool:

A bike, retirement, health, and lots of good roads...great combination...how cool is that!!!

Kevin

Kevin and Mary, "traveling" along with you has been a real treat. Thank you both!

I don't believe that I have ever been able to enjoy any reading as much as I have been able to enjoy this trip with you guys. It brings back memories of bygone trips that I have made, none as phenomenal as yours, and I can't really add any more thanks or appreciation than has already been conveyed to you for your sharing then has already been done. Sharing with you the emotions of the nearing end of this fantastic trip and then the excitement of planning for the next trip. WOW!!!! Thank you again.

Thanks for the great ride report.One of the best I have ever seen.Hope ya'll have a lot more trips like that to take.RIDE SAFE

I felt like the wiffee and me took a vacation without leaving the house. Great pics and I am so glad things went fairly well for you guys. One thing to ask: what improvements did you do to your bike (if any) that made it seem to run so good!?cams?Stage 1? etc....

Kevin and Mary, "traveling" along with you has been a real treat. Thank you both!

Thank you! Glad I finally got it all posted and you enjoyed it.

I don't believe that I have ever been able to enjoy any reading as much as I have been able to enjoy this trip with you guys. It brings back memories of bygone trips that I have made, none as phenomenal as yours, and I can't really add any more thanks or appreciation than has already been conveyed to you for your sharing then has already been done. Sharing with you the emotions of the nearing end of this fantastic trip and then the excitement of planning for the next trip. WOW!!!!

Thank you again.

Thank you sir.

Thanks for the great ride report.One of the best I have ever seen.Hope ya'll have a lot more trips like that to take.RIDE SAFE

Thank you!

I felt like the wiffee and me took a vacation without leaving the house.

Great pics and I am so glad things went fairly well for you guys. One thing to ask: what improvements did you do to your bike (if any) that made it seem to run so good!?cams?Stage 1? etc....

Wow! Thank you!

I posted all that I have done to the TG in this thread-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/harley-trikes/18643.htm

It is a bit long...the short of it is a good Stage 1 with quite a few little things that all add up to a TG that runs Much stronger and Much cooler than it did when I bought it new.

Kevin

I am re-reading this thread with the new forum software.... and the large hi-resolution pictures make it a whole new experience! Thanks again Kevin, GREAT thread!

Great pictures. We have done the Bear tooth 2 times. The last time in 6 inch of snow. That was fun on our Venture 2 up pulling a Kwik Kamp.

I am re-reading this thread with the new forum software.... and the large hi-resolution pictures make it a whole new experience!

Thanks again Kevin, GREAT thread!

Thanks man! I like the new forum format too!

Great pictures. We have done the Bear tooth 2 times. The last time in 6 inch of snow. That was fun on our Venture 2 up pulling a Kwik Kamp.

Thank you!

We have been there when it was snowing...but it wasn't sticking...just snow here and there on the road.

That must have been an adventure in the snow and pulling the trailer! :)

Kevin

We've started working out our Spring-Summer-Fall schedule. I think we'll be able to spend about a week in BC this summer...re-visiting some of the highlights from last year, and seeing some spots we did not make.

:)

Kevin