• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

Re: Ride Report- Mississippi to Alaska & Back - Pic Heavy

The straight road is only there leading up to the next curve! :)

ToHSB11_zps1ebfb813.jpg

Getting into the zone.

ToHSB12_zpsedbae07b.jpg

It is still a bit desert like, but it is much cooler and greener.

ToHSB13_zps34f22853.jpg

We've traveled less than 100 km's and we got 255 to go! Yeah!

Not sure if it is because we are nearing the end of our time in Canada that I am so stoked on this road...I think it is just because it is because there is so little traffic and the TG is made for this kind of riding.

ToHSB14_zps3f48f436.jpg

Looking back at where we have ridden thru, and

ToHSB15_zps892ea9a6.jpg

looking forward to more curves and twisties!

ToHSB16_zpsa60266db.jpg

I am in the zone, time does not exist, it is just Mary, me, the TG and the curves!

ToHSB17_zps0d889c6b.jpg

ToHSB18_zpsf3af4a58.jpg

This is the kind of road, that when it straightens out, I normally turn around and ride again...but there are a couple hundred km's of this and we do have reservations in Horseshoe Bay.

ToHSB19_zps93a1f14e.jpg

ToHSB20_zpsca2e4be8.jpg

More in next post.

Check out Mary in the mirror! She is a trooper. I am running these curves almost as fast as possible, she's just snapping pics. :)

ToHSB21_zps41f91e44.jpg

I do slow down in the straights and take in some of the amazing sights.

ToHSB22_zpsc8767d95.jpg

It is my intention to ride this road again some day.

ToHSB23_zpsb1f42c24.jpg

ToHSB24_zps46b7f575.jpg

We have been following this river for awhile, I start looking for a place to pull over, where we can get down to it.

ToHSB25_zps5629603f.jpg

This looks like a good spot!

ToHSB26_zps4731100a.jpg

We explored around here for a bit...and guess what...NO clouds of mosquitoes!!!

ToHSB27_zpsaa21ce32.jpg

I can only imagine what it is like during the winter...but it is fantastic in July.

ToHSB28_zps2b9b26bf.jpg

Mary climbing down closer to the water.

ToHSB29_zps566f10af.jpg

ToHSB30_zps844d2204.jpg

Ride to Horseshoe Bay to be continued.

ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,AMAZING ,,,,,ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,

Having such a good time, "riding with you"! Can't tell you how great this 'diary' is for TT!

Great pics of a wonderful trip.Sure enjoying it. THANKS FOR YOUR SPONSORSHIP WIthout people like this place would not be here for us.RIDE SAFE

really enjoy keeping up with your journey.....JUST AMAZING.......wish we were there....

Having such a good time, "riding with you"! Can't tell you how great this 'diary' is for TT!

:):) ,,,YEP ,,my first stop every morning just to see what's new . I would love to do just half that with my wife but she doesn't love it as much as I do.,,,,,:Shrug::Shrug:

ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,AMAZING ,,,,,ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,

Great pics of a wonderful trip.Sure enjoying it. THANKS FOR YOUR SPONSORSHIP WIthout people like this place would not be here for us.RIDE SAFE

really enjoy keeping up with your journey.....JUST AMAZING.......wish we were there....

Thank you! We never thought when planning this trip that it would be as big an adventure as it has been. BC, Canada Rocks!

:):) ,,,YEP ,,my first stop every morning just to see what's new . I would love to do just half that with my wife but she doesn't love it as much as I do.,,,,,:Shrug::Shrug:

Hey Rick, I see you are less than 200 miles down the road from where we live. Would be cool to meet up sometime. PM me if you ever get up toward Memphis.

Part II to Horseshoe Bay.

We stayed here for awhile, enjoying this little bit of river.

ToHSB32_zps959a09b3.jpg

Getting ready to pull out, one last pic.

ToHSB33_zps012a08d3.jpg

Within 5 minutes we saw this deer on the side of the road...looked like she was going to cross, then changed her mind.

ToHSB34_zpsf62b21cc.jpg

Not 2 minutes later we saw another.

ToHSB35_zps9af5eda5.jpg

Came up on this single lane wood bridge.

ToHSB36_zps95b285f8.jpg

Stopped for a couple of pics...the right side

ToHSB37_zpsefa20e5f.jpg

and the left.

ToHSB38_zpsa3d7e5f1.jpg

I think I already mentioned how much I'm enjoying riding this road. :)

ToHSB39_zps97519082.jpg

I hope you're not getting bored of the road pics...I enjoying cruising on straight road, but getting into the curves and twisties really is a whole different level of fun.

ToHSB40_zps609ac031.jpg

More in next post.

Here's some more.

ToHSB41_zpsc09b88c7.jpg

The scenery is pretty amazing too.

ToHSB42_zps4d2a5869.jpg

Still following the same river.

ToHSB43_zps0f62978e.jpg

One of the bigger waterfalls, on this section of road, that feeds the river.

ToHSB44_zps13a8875a.jpg

Elevation changes coupled with curves. :)

ToHSB45_zpsd73fee44.jpg

And some more!

ToHSB46_zpsd59cae18.jpg

Came around a corner, WOW...was not expecting that.

ToHSB47_zps63c1cc45.jpg

Besides being a great riding road, there has been very little traffic.

ToHSB48_zpsedf9af80.jpg

Check out Mary in the mirror!

ToHSB49_zps3e6cd01b.jpg

More in next post.

The last few days we have not seen much in the way of snow covered mountains...we sort of thought as we headed south we would not see anymore.

ToHSB50_zpsc73a5f5c.jpg

We were wrong. :)

ToHSB51_zps278cb650.jpg

If you're bored with the windy road pics...they are almost over. Mary got over 150 of them...I've just posted a few.

ToHSB52_zps8ec55d05.jpg

There were more than a few 180 degree turns, but they are sort of hard to photograph from the back of the bike...this is the best one we got.

ToHSB53_zps89085a9a.jpg

Everything up to this point has been the 99, and it rocked! Now, starting in Whistler we are on the "Sea to Sky Highway".

ToHSB54_zpsd1f2466d.jpg

Lakes everywhere in BC.

ToHSB55_zpsabe98ac0.jpg

Did not stay near this guy for long!!!

ToHSB56_zpsccbad0bf.jpg

Outside of Whistler, headed to Squamish.

ToHSB57_zpsf17bad2d.jpg

The road is bigger, and

ToHSB58_zps72f42bf5.jpg

there is more traffic. So we are taking a more leisurely pace.

ToHSB59_zps7e017383.jpg

More in next post.

This is Shannon Falls.

ToHSB60_zpsd6e6a9ec.jpg

We decide to go explore. I am not as good with the camera as Mary...that white right above her head is the waterfall.

ToHSB61_zps43b25491.jpg

We spent a bit of time here, just soaking in the beauty,

ToHSB62_zps45f0807b.jpg

and getting stuck on rocks. :)

ToHSB63_zps794a0d37.jpg

Sooo, we have seen so many thousands of lakes in Canada and Alaska, some of them 50-60 miles long....

ToHSB64_zpsfde06c26.jpg

We rode along this one for quite awhile....

ToHSB65_zps478970a2.jpg

enjoying the scenery...

ToHSB66_zpsbb2573f3.jpg

before commenting to each other "this is a really BIG lake!

ToHSB67_zpsdcd0e338.jpg

Soon after we realized...

ToHSB68_zps704d019c.jpg

This is NOT A LAKE, it is the Pacific Ocean! :)

ToHSB69_zps9a36f0fe.jpg

More in next post.

What an amazing day of riding and sights!

Here's our turn-off to Horseshoe Bay.

ToHSB71_zps92332bcb.jpg

A pic of part of the town from above.

ToHSB70_zps9102171c.jpg

Here's our room!

ToHSB73_zpsaf6998c8.jpg

We stayed here for 3 nights, catching up on some work, doing laundry, taking the ferry over to Vancouver Island.

ToHSB72_zps3e367fd9.jpg

:Coffee:,,,,Morning,,,,,Kevin speaking for myself I don't get tired of any of the pics weather it be the great roads you guys travel or the beautiful scenery that the majority of us will never see . Tell Mary to keep clicking you keep driving and we'll keep coming back to see more .ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,,,,,,drive safe my friend.......
PS,,love those friggen phone booths you know how many we see in this area

Great pictures and commentary. I have loved following your trip. I also check everyday to see what is new and where you all are.

I'M really enjoying reading and taking all this trip you guys are doin' in......would really love to do something like this when i retire in a couple more years.....like all the rest have posted,I check every day to see where you guys are....lol you guys are an amazing couple......RIDE ON........

You and Mary have inspired us. We now have a copy of the Milepost and a map to start planning with. We are talking of 2015 being the year we go to Alaska. Thanks for all the inspiration that you have provided with each and every posting!

PS Pacific Ocean pictures might be a close second to the cloud pictures!

:Coffee:,,,,Morning,,,,,Kevin speaking for myself I don't get tired of any of the pics weather it be the great roads you guys travel or the beautiful scenery that the majority of us will never see . Tell Mary to keep clicking you keep driving and we'll keep coming back to see more .ThumbUpThumbUp,,,,,,,,,,drive safe my friend.......
PS,,love those friggen phone booths you know how many we see in this area

Cool!

Great pictures and commentary. I have loved following your trip. I also check everyday to see what is new and where you all are.

Thank you.

I'M really enjoying reading and taking all this trip you guys are doin' in......would really love to do something like this when i retire in a couple more years.....like all the rest have posted,I check every day to see where you guys are....lol you guys are an amazing couple......RIDE ON........

Definitely our most adventurous trip so far! Hope you're able to when you retire. It is quite an experience.

You and Mary have inspired us. We now have a copy of the Milepost and a map to start planning with. We are talking of 2015 being the year we go to Alaska. Thanks for all the inspiration that you have provided with each and every posting!

PS Pacific Ocean pictures might be a close second to the cloud pictures!

That's great! I know you'll enjoy it.

Yeah, it was really a shocker when we realized it was the ocean and not another lake. LOL

We spent a lazy day in Horseshoe Bay...tomorrow is the ferry over to Vancouver Island.

Catching up on emails and some biz.

InHSB4_zps8ed79a5b.jpg

It's a small town, basically seems to be there for the many ferries that run between Vancouver and the Island.

InHSB1_zps50ee3927.jpg

Lots of restaurants and tourist shops. We are in the only motel in town, it is right across the street from a small grocery store, which was convenient.

InHSB3_zps0d0ae8b8.jpg

There's a nice park right between restaurant row and the water.

InHSB2_zps05ac12f6.jpg

Enjoying lunch in the park.

InHSB7_zpsb83b6dcf.jpg

You can see the ferries in the background, seems like there is always one coming in or leaving.

InHSB6_zpsa6031fe7.jpg

Vancouver Island report tomorrow!

I've ferried out of Horseshoe bay so many times. What a beautiful spot you are in!!! We lived in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) for three years when I was a child, and my husband and I stayed on Bowen Island (not far off the mainland where you are now) for about 6 months early in our marriage. Your pictures and stories bring back so many memories!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png