2005 goldwing CSC trike ...driveline slack

have trike with 30k miles noticed drive line slop or play ...raised left rear wheel looks like about 1 1/2" of freeplay ....measured at the bottom of the tire looks like the play is in the rear end and cv joints ...what play is considered normal ?

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK...I moved Your Thread to the Honda Forum for more responses to Your question.....ThumbUp...and, as described, You have a definite problem that needs to be addressed.....:cool:

Just had my CSC ( 05 Wing,triked 8-07) converted by Stan @ Mt Trikes returning from Wing Ding. Welded dirveshaft replaced w/his CV joint. 3 mpg increase & drive"line's" smooth as butter !! Welded shaft's a patch,the CV joint is a true fix ! I've worked w/steel 40 yrs (bank vault doors),I think I know some of steel,shafts,& welds.

Harlin, I've been a machinist for over 30 yrs and I agree with you. Mtn. Trikes fix is the correct fix for the CSC driveshaft. I've had mine for over 8000 miles and mine is smooth like yours and gained mileage as well. I can move my trike around with one hand. I've had the driveshaft back off three times (just to check) and all is well. I love my Mtn. trike coupler. Call Stan or Nancy and see what we mean.

I purchased a 09 Honda last fall, still in warranty, with 3.400 miles on it. Shortly after getting it, 3,700 miles, I took it in for a noise under the rear. To make the story short the suspension was shot. After weeks I got some warranity on parts but not labor. The dealer followed the instructions for replacement of the now "third" set of shocks and various other parts. I spent almost $2,000. in all and was without the bike till mid Jan. 2013.
I now have 6,833 miles on it and it has inside wear on the tires. Factory is telling the dealer that its out of warranity and we should have made some other repacements. We sent them pictures, damaged parts for inspection, and followed there instructions for fixing the trike.
They are now saying its not covered and I will be out over a thousand dollars again. Please help advise how to fix this bike or should I just give up and take my losses.
Thanks, Tom

[Stan and Nancy Mtn. Trikes Waynsville, North Carolina (828)456-6427 You'll like dealing with them. Now have almost 10K on my Mtn. Trikes coupler The only fix for the CSC Driveshaft I have no affiliation with them just am really happy with their coupler Sisters, Oregon ThumbUp

I have a 2008/1800 with a 2010 CSC trike kit.

2 weeks ago the driveshaft decided to go south. All the noise was alot of grinding etc.etc.etc. I called CSC and they said that they would replace
the driveshaft at no cost to owner. I took to one of their dealerships and
it was done. The whole thing was that I had vibrations since I had it triked.
NOW. I have no noise, vibrations, no nothing. Didn't know it would be that
smooth. Soooo, if you have a problem, call CSC and they will take care of
the problem practically over the phone. They are experimenting with the
welding of the driveshaft. It worked for me. Good luck.

Ride safe

Pat

Spoke to Stan and I now have my new driveshaft fitted and have done over 1000miles SUPERB.....CSC sit up and take notice......CSC should buy these parts for their customers??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png