street glide vivid black coming friday !

Jul 16, 2009
Donalsonville Georgia
Hello all, i have been lurking for about a month. I have been riding 2 wheel harleys for 32 years with both legs and as of 87 with one left leg.
i have had no problem using only the front brake and very limited control of the rear brake. God has been on my side and with many thousands of miles and 2 trips up to the summit of MT washington i am still almost in one piece !
After this years 4000 mile trip to the black hills my wife decieded to sell her 03 softail and ride with me again, well its been 6 years since that happened last and i a not comfortable with her added weight and less braking.
Well as luck would have it we stopped in a dealership in SD and saw a tri-glide, that solved the problem.
Mine will be here this friday and i am chomping at the bit.
I am getting the street glide version in vivid black.
I am most interested in linking up the brakes on this unit and have done some research through the years.
First off if you try to use the existing stock front brake resivior it probably wont be sufficient for all brakes. and the use of a proporting valve is highly recomened to dial in the proper bias for the front and rear brakes. Wilwood makes a good one, i have one that has been sitiing on my shelve for years and i am determined to link the brakes on this trike with it.
like the earlier poster i have not quite decied how yet but am open to all recomendatiuons and ideas.
Oh by the way i am a Licensed gunsmith and firearms dealer by trade so if anyone needs work let me know, i am busy but can always fit in more
regards, Roger Jillson
Georgia

rog1215 - welcome to the three world! :wave4: Congrats on the SG3 (Street Glide 3wheel for those just waking up. ;))

A friend of ours is minus a right leg just above the knee. He has the brake line plumbing and a pedal set up off the frame above the front shift peg on his FLT. Works well for him, and it is just about the same distance to move his foot to brake as it is for me on my FLHS. He also has a BMW trike, and that one has the brakes linked at the right lever.

You know, I was wanting a Tri-Glide. Was almost ready to order a 2010 TG, and then the wife sat on a Wing. That was the end of the discussion, and we were shopping for a Wing Trike. Congrats on the SG3 - may you have many miles of enjoyment.

Thanks, for the welcome folks.
I am chomping at the bit .... cant wait to get up to maggie valley and see how these things really work on the twistees!!
I thought a run through the dragon would get the blood going and let me know what the limitations are for these beauties.
Regards, Roger

Thanks, for the welcome folks.
I am chomping at the bit .... cant wait to get up to maggie valley and see how these things really work on the twistees!!
I thought a run through the dragon would get the blood going and let me know what the limitations are for these beauties.
Regards, Roger

After you get used to the ride, you'll be able to keep up with most anything in the curves. When we rode Deal's Gap a few years ago we surprised quite a few folks. Not only kept up, but pushed most except the sport bikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png