Done a wheelie today

lboos

Oct 22, 2012
Marietta Ga.
I went riding to day on my 2013 T/G and within an hour [two times] at traffic lights I did not get it all the way in 1st gear when I stopped [2nd or 3rd gear], the second time I started to roll it lugged down, so I pushed it down hard into 1st and revved the eng. up pretty hi and let the clutch out kinda fast and the frt. wheel came off the ground, scared the hell out of me, all because of my short temper :gah:, I thought the trike was to heavy to do it :Shrug:,
any one else ever have this happen to them ?

Yep, did it by accident, When I first got the Tri, I came off my driveway hard on the throttle like I would with my Kaw 6n, Forgetting that the Tri doesn't need high revs, Popped the clutch and front wheel went airborne.. :xszpv:

Not surprising (since I have a high performance V-Rod) I've done a few accidental wheelies, sure makes the butt pucker the seat.

Very easy with a Wing. If you don't pop the clutch at High revs the rear tires smoke a squeal

I went riding to day on my 2013 T/G and within an hour [two times] at traffic lights I did not get it all the way in 1st gear when I stopped [2nd or 3rd gear], the second time I started to roll it lugged down, so I pushed it down hard into 1st and revved the eng. up pretty hi and let the clutch out kinda fast and the frt. wheel came off the ground, scared the hell out of me, all because of my short temper :gah:, I thought the trike was to heavy to do it :Shrug:,
any one else ever have this happen to them ?

Have you had your 1000 mile service yet. Had a problem with my 2013 Tri-Glide not going all the way to 1st when the engine was hot. Turned out I was near the 1000 mile service and my clutch had worn in and needed adjustment.

Used to do wheelies and burn-outs on my '08 Ultra/Champion conversion but don't beat Big Blue Pearl up like that!!

I do wheelies pretty frequently on the TG.

Dumping the clutch in first while rolling will bring it up as high as you want, or until the muffs stop you from going any further. lol

I always think about the belt when I do that. Have refrained when any distance from home.

Can lift the front tire pretty easy shifting into second in a corner when the front end gets light.

I had the front end up a few times on the Triglide I had, just smacked the throttle in 1st and up it would come. As TG-Kevin mentioned think about the belt, might want to think about the rear differential also.

Have done some bad ass wheelies. The only thing that stopped me from going over was the big mufflers. They're flat on the bottom. I get the bike rolling a little and just barely goose it. Can do 2nd gear also. When taking off from a stop going left it will come off the ground and go straight. The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me, so now I try to take off slow now. Course I have 100hp in it. Like Mike said,I don't want to snap the belt so I quit doing them.

I had the front end up a few times on the Triglide I had, just smacked the throttle in 1st and up it would come. As TG-Kevin mentioned think about the belt, might want to think about the rear differential also.

And come down easy, dunno what kind of stress it would put on the neck coming down hard.

m3, what do you think is the weak link in the differential? I checked the IDS before the trip, it was well within spec.

And come down easy, dunno what kind of stress it would put on the neck coming down hard.

m3, what do you think is the weak link in the differential? I checked the IDS before the trip, it was well within spec.

My guess is there is a fair amount of flex in the housing since its so open.

Although it was by accident I got the frt. wheel off the ground it did not take all that much power and did not seem to jerk or strain that much,... when the frt. wheel came down it was very smooth, not with a bang.
anyway I wont be doing anymore wheelies any time soon.....I hope :D.

Remember readin in American Iron years ago where they said the belts they were usin back then could handle 150 HP. Seems like the belts have lost a little width since then tho.

PC

I must be very old and slow or have one of the bad TGs. Mine has never came close to lifting the front end! (and before you say it WIZ, I have the wrong tuner) ThumbUp
Dennis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png