Best Water Bottle Ever!

Lifetime Guarantee

They are guaranteed for life. I had 4 of them, but fell on one (between me and a motorcycle tipping over at 30 mph - 2 big dents in the bottle, but where the bottle hit my upper thy, I limped for 5 or 6 weeks.) Mine is called [h=3]Contigo Autospout Sheffield Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle 20OZ[/h]About 5 years ago, Costco had them a package of two for about $17 - NEVER AGAIN. They will replace parts, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. About once a year a check valve fails, and when you suck on the nipple, all you get is air.

They would not replace my dented one.

They will hold ice from 7 AM to 8 PM on days over 90 F. I generally carry 3. One on the handle bars and two in the trunk. They are great. You can drop them, and generally from waste level or a little higher, they won't even dent!

I believe this mount I use is a Kuryakyn. I've had it on there three years, and it is holding up well. No matter how rough the road is, the Contigo stainless steel bottle will not come out, and believe me, I've been on some very rough roads. I just completed Baltimore, MD to Fairbanks, Alaska and BC, MT, WY, ND & SD (and more than a dozen others) and the bottle never came loose. It is meant to go on both metric and imperial (US) bikes.

304.jpg

We have 24 ounce Bubba Hero Sport bottles on the trike and the 20oz version in the car, because the 20 oz fits in the door bottle pockets. No matter what the temp, we have never run out of ice before we finished the liquid. The Sport bottles have a sealable flip up straw and the regular Hero bottles have a sealable drinking cap. It has been in the mid-90° range here lately, and last week Gloria filled up a 20 oz bottle with water, a flavor pack and 5 ice cubes from the tray at 6:00am and set it in the car door bottle pocket. She cleans houses, and got drinks inside so she left the bottle in the car until she got home at 7:00pm. She still had about half the ice left after leaving it in the car parked in the sun all day. We have found ours at Walmart, Academy Sports and Target. Have seen them at other stores and on line. BTW Both Bubba and Contigo are owned by Newall Rubbermaid.
Here is a link with Bubba info, and a picture of a bottle that Gloria has, (mine doesn't have a pink top)
http://www.bubbabrands.com/

Attachments

• bubba-brands-bubba-keg-24-oz-hero-sport-bottle-active-shocking-pink-casku8069-shockingpink-1__29.jpg
    bubba-brands-bubba-keg-24-oz-hero-sport-bottle-active-shocking-pink-casku8069-shockingpink-1__29.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 89
I got my Contigo Shefield SS double walled water bottle today and I have to say the construction is top notch and the flip up drinking spout worked MUCH better than the one on the O2COOL bottle. Then I did a little test.

I filled the Contigo and the O2COOL non insulated bottle about half way up with ice and the rest with cool water. After 10 minutes or so the contents of both was about 61 degrees measured at 6"with a Cen-Tech pocket thermometer from Harbor Freight. The non insulted bottle started sweating as soon as I put ice in it and continued sweating for the next hour. The insulated bottle did not sweat at all and was warm on the outside after being in the sun with an air temp of 80 degrees.

One hour later all of the ice had melted in the non-insulated bottle but the water was still cool. But.....the water in the Contigo was actually colder at 55 degrees and all of the ice appeared to still be in tact.

After about two hours the O2COOL had stopped sweating and the water was 77 degrees. The water in the Contigo was now down to 52 degrees.and ice still in tact. Tomorrow I will go for a ride to see how the Contigo holds up to being fairly close to the exhaust pipe.

And next week I will be riding along out to Barstow and maybe to Laughlin then back, so I can do a real road test in the desert heat.

The Contigo sat in the garage over night, and 18 hours after I started the test there is STILL a little ice left in the bottle and the water temp is 53.5 degrees :D

Thanks for the testing BOXX3R, that's pretty impressive insulation. We don't have any drink holders installed yet, I'm assuming that they’re also spill proof, we carry our water in the tourpak.

I almost forgot.........The ride to Laughlin then to Oatman, and then back home was a BLAST, and plenty hot. It was well over 100 degrees most of the ride out there and up to 106 riding into Laughlin. And then it got up to 109 between Flagstaff and Barstow on the way home.

If I filled the CONTIGO half way with ice and then water....I could drink at will (when safe) and still had ice in it at the end of the both days. If I filled it up all the way with ice, I would run out of water long before the ice melted.

So Myth confirmed. These ARE the Best Water bottles Ever!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 91
I almost forgot.........The ride to Laughlin then to Oatman, and then back home was a BLAST, and plenty hot. It was well over 100 degrees most of the ride out there and up to 106 riding into Laughlin. And then it got up to 109 between Flagstaff and Barstow on the way home.

If I filled the CONTIGO half way with ice and then water....I could drink at will (when safe) and still had ice in it at the end of the both days. If I filled it up all the way with ice, I would run out of water long before the ice melted.

So Myth confirmed. These ARE the Best Water bottles Ever!

Do these have a sort of pop up spout or do you have to pour the water out?

They have a pop up spout for drinking. I have to agree they are the best!

Nuc

-

Would you think you could put a carbonated drink in it if the straw/spout were left open?

I seriously doubt very much would spill out if it was left open. I'll bet even turned upside down with it open hardly any would spill out.

Would you think you could put a carbonated drink in it if the straw/spout were left open?

I seriously doubt very much would spill out if it was left open. I'll bet even turned upside down with it open hardly any would spill out.

Can't put carbonated beverages. Straw goes to bottom of bottle. Gas builds at the top; pushing down on the liquid constantly; liquid will be pushed out through opening even if it is left open.

Nuc

Can't put carbonated beverages. Straw goes to bottom of bottle. Gas builds at the top; pushing down on the liquid constantly; liquid will be pushed out through opening even if it is left open.

Nuc

Thanks for the answer.

What if I just drink it really fast? :D

Yes, I know I'm a smart ass.

A bit more spendy but does do one hell of a job keeping things hot for 12 hrs and cold for 24 hrs is a S'well bottle. Saw several being used this past week in Sturgis..

http://www.swellbottle.com/

Kinda reminds me of the biker that went into the hardware store just looking around. Noticing a thermos sitting on the display he ask the clerk what it was. Young fellow said it was a thermos. Keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. Biker thought it was pretty neat and bought one.

Later that night he was at the camp ground and a fellow biker ask him what he had there. Said it was a thermos, keeps hot things hot and cold thins cold. Fellow biker ask him what he had it in.....where he proudly announced, lemon-aid and chili.
8~\o

They have pop up soft drinking spout that has a straw attached to it so you do not have to tip the bottle up, you just have to suck. Or you can remove the straw and tip the bottle up if you prefer.

With just one hand the pop up drinking spout is operated by a button, and when you push the button the spout just flips up....ready to drink To close the spout you just push against a little finger ridge and the spout flips back down and a cover flips back down to protect the spout.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 121
A bit more spendy but does do one hell of a job keeping things hot for 12 hrs and cold for 24 hrs is a S'well bottle. Saw several being used this past week in Sturgis..

http://www.swellbottle.com/

Kinda reminds me of the biker that went into the hardware store just looking around. Noticing a thermos sitting on the display he ask the clerk what it was. Young fellow said it was a thermos. Keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. Biker thought it was pretty neat and bought one.

Later that night he was at the camp ground and a fellow biker ask him what he had there. Said it was a thermos, keeps hot things hot and cold thins cold. Fellow biker ask him what he had it in.....where he proudly announced, lemon-aid and chili.
8~\o

I looked them up. They look great except for one thing...the lid has to be completely pulled off (separate from the bottle) to take a drink. Not doable while on the fly.

At least not that I'm capable of.

Now I would jump on them in a heartbeat to go camping and hiking with.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png