• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Reaction score
Every time I get an oil change in my 4-wheeler, I put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the fuel tank, Knocking on wood with fingers crossed, I've never had to replace an injector.
Is it a good or bad idea to apply this same logic with my 2013 Tri-Glide? And if it's a good idea, should I use normal everyday brands Gumout, STP, etc?

Todays fuel has pretty good additives, the only thing I do is add a product called Startron which both stabilizes the fuel and helps keep the ethanol from doing evil things.

I agree with msocko as I use Startron in everything I own that runs on gas. with the ethanol crap we are forced to buy, it starts to loose its octane rating quickly and will start to break down , believe it or not in about 2 weeks. just go to Walmart and buy a bottle , it costs about $8.00 and will treat 80-100 gallons. if you are going on a trip don't add any because you are going to be doing a lot of fill ups, but if the bike is going to sit for even a week without running add a little. one bottle should last you all year

I agree with msocko as I use Startron in everything I own that runs on gas. with the ethanol crap we are forced to buy, it starts to loose its octane rating quickly and will start to break down , believe it or not in about 2 weeks. just go to Walmart and buy a bottle , it costs about $8.00 and will treat 80-100 gallons. if you are going on a trip don't add any because you are going to be doing a lot of fill ups, but if the bike is going to sit for even a week without running add a little. one bottle should last you all year

+1 regarding StarTron!!! :10:

I have used Sea Foam in the past with good results. Couldn't find any Startron when I ran out, so right now I'm using some Lucas treatment. Seems to be working quite well. But I plan to go back to Startron when I find more.

I have used Sea Foam in the past with good results. Couldn't find any Startron when I ran out, so right now I'm using some Lucas treatment. Seems to be working quite well. But I plan to go back to Startron when I find more.

I normally get my Startron at Lowes, Walmart also sells it but is more expensive than Lowes.

I only use Techron by Chevron. According to all reviews I've read, it is the best cleaner on the market. It is in all Chevron fuels.

Haven't tried Startron or Seafoam but hear alot of people use it.

with all the additives in todays fuel you most likey do not need to add more alcohol to your fuel system.

Startron sounds like a good product to alter the ethenal effect on the fuel system..

So when do you add it into your gas tank? It sounds like only if the bike is going to sit for a while and not out riding every day? Or do you just add it at every fill up? What's the difference between this and octane boost that I add when I have to buy low octane crap fuel?

Thanks!

So when do you add it into your gas tank? It sounds like only if the bike is going to sit for a while and not out riding every day? Or do you just add it at every fill up? What's the difference between this and octane boost that I add when I have to buy low octane crap fuel?

Thanks!

If I plan on putting the bike up for an extended period I use Sta-bil. But the treatment I put a little in about once a month just to help clean everything out. If I have used some poor quality fuels. Not a lot, but just a good treatment.
Octane boost is just for that mainly. Some have a treatment along with the boost, but I don't think really enough to do a good job. Sometimes I don't use boost for a month or more. It doesn't stabilize the fuel as well as something made to do just that. Mainly I use additives only when I think they are needed, not as a regimen. Keep in mind what fuels you have been buying. If I have been using good fuel all the time, nothing else gets added. We have one station here that doesn't have corn juice in it.....ThumbUp

If I plan on putting the bike up for an extended period I use Sta-bil. But the treatment I put a little in about once a month just to help clean everything out. If I have used some poor quality fuels. Not a lot, but just a good treatment.
Octane boost is just for that mainly. Some have a treatment along with the boost, but I don't think really enough to do a good job. Sometimes I don't use boost for a month or more. It doesn't stabilize the fuel as well as something made to do just that. Mainly I use additives only when I think they are needed, not as a regimen. Keep in mind what fuels you have been buying. If I have been using good fuel all the time, nothing else gets added. We have one station here that doesn't have corn juice in it.....ThumbUp

When I know my bike is going to sit, I make sure to run close to empty, then fill up with some ethanol free, and run 10-15 miles. Then put her up. Never had an issue.

I use Sta-Bil Marine Ethanol treatment/stabilizer anytime the bikes will be setting for even a few days. I keep a 5 gal jug of 93 octane mixed and refill the tanks when I get home then run them for a few minutes before storing. Finding Ethanol free fuel is a challenge at best around here! When I do find it the price is quite a bit higher and I still wonder if it is "really" Ethanol free.

I also use it in all my small engine fuel as well & it has never failed me. I have a generator & an old gas tractor that has set without being started for over a year with treated gas and they still start and run perfectly.

Menards also carries auto items.

My lawn mower sat for two years and my snow blower sits for at least a year at a time and neither one even had a problem starting or running -only thing I use is StaBil....all on 10% ethanol.

If I remember, I will put some Techron in the tank once a year.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png