• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Steering damper with lowers on

Reaction score
I had my 93 FLTCU (Tour Glide Classic Ultra) converted to a trike. The conversion could not install the steering damper because of my fairing lowers are on the engine guard and interfered with connecting the damper. Any ideas of where to get a damper for my trike?
:xzqxz:

look on line then go look at the one you like in person b4 u buy it. i personally don't have one but have no cornering or hi speed issues.

I had my 93 FLTCU (Tour Glide Classic Ultra) converted to a trike. The conversion could not install the steering damper because of my fairing lowers are on the engine guard and interfered with connecting the damper. Any ideas of where to get a damper for my trike?
:xzqxz:

I installed one on my roadking using the center bolt of my crash bar and the bottom of the lower tripple tree tripple tree...if you want I will take some picks. There is one made that is similar to mine, that would make it so you didn't have to fab up brackets, I will look for a link if you like.

Americanbadass: Pics would be great, so would a link since I'm not sure what would work. Appreciate the info and hints guys.

Ok....in the mean time, have you put any miles on it....and do you actually think you need a damper. What a damper does is, stiffen the steering up a bit, and take wobble out, it also decreases steering fall away. You may not need one, I did on my roadking for all of the above reasons...and I like the feel of the damper on that bike.

I have put on about 500 miles on it. The big thing is when I hit a slight bump, and I mean like going over my sidewalk to drive into my backyard or on to the road, the front wheel violently wobbles for a split second to the point where I'm holding on to the bars hard to keep the freakin thing going in the direction I want.

Americanbadass: Pics would be great, so would a link since I'm not sure what would work. Appreciate the info and hints guys.

Here's the link for the HD touring damper kit....this kit would make your life a whole lot easier than just buying a damper, and trying to fabricate brackets. I see no reason why this would not fit your bike, they have an installation video. You might need to remove your fairing, but maybe not.
BK RIDER DB YH 792D STEERING STABILIZER / DAMPER FOR TOURING MODELS FOR HARLEY from BKRider.com

I have put on about 500 miles on it. The big thing is when I hit a slight bump, and I mean like going over my sidewalk to drive into my backyard or on to the road, the front wheel violently wobbles for a split second to the point where I'm holding on to the bars hard to keep the freakin thing going in the direction I want.

check your front wheel bearings and you can tighten up your neck just a bit too

I installed one on my roadking using the center bolt of my crash bar and the bottom of the lower tripple tree tripple tree...if you want I will take some picks. There is one made that is similar to mine, that would make it so you didn't have to fab up brackets, I will look for a link if you like.
ABBA, my friend:

I would like to see that magic!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png