Headlight Modulator

"Signal Dynamics" ThumbUp
I have had Signal Dynamics modulator on my last two Goldwings. Would not ride without it. I also have had the Wig Wag on the brakes so people coming up behind me at a stop sign/light will notice me more.

I have bought the headlight modu for the Wing, and will be installing it this week. I have one on the Suzuki bike, as well as a "Backoff" brake light modulator.

Last year, DMV (motor vehicle inspection) FAILED me for the brake light modulator, telling me they are illegal. I protested, but in the end, they would not pass me. I had the lane tied up for quite a while, while I asked for some sort of proof. They did no provide any, but would not pass the bike. I ended up bypassing it, to pass, but have yet to re-connect, as I rarely ride the bike, and want to sell it.

Not to de-rail, but since it's pertinent, anyone else here fail their state inspection for a BRAKE light modulator?

If you are talking about the Wig wag it is not legal in Conn. As far as the rear light flashing once than twice fast , it is legal in this state. Never been stopped. I find that if you have something different they will give them a reason to stop u. If I see a Leo I turn it off. I have lied and said it might have been a loose bulb. Look doesn't seem to be doing it now. I get a," get it checked." Never argue with them u can't win.

If you are talking about the Wig wag it is not legal in Conn. As far as the rear light flashing once than twice fast , it is legal in this state. Never been stopped. I find that if you have something different they will give them a reason to stop u. If I see a Leo I turn it off. I have lied and said it might have been a loose bulb. Look doesn't seem to be doing it now. I get a," get it checked." Never argue with them u can't win.

Interesting - my 2012 MT Phoenix kit came from the factory with LED tail lights. When the brake light comes on, it blinks very fast about 4 times then remains steady. I have NO idea whether or not it's "legal" but in 1 year and 9,000 miles, I've never been stopped or asked about it. :Shrug:

I love my headlight modulator as well as the 'backoff' controller for the brake lights.

Personally, I believe the headlight modulator has saved my bacon on a number of occasions - you'll see a vehicle starting to pull out in front of you at an intersection and then immediately stop. Some folks confuse you with a LEO!

I have the full light package on the back of my CSC Viper and when you apply the brakes, the LED's on the back end light up like a Christmas tree. A lot more light than most cars.

Other vehicles do stay well back! :)

I just feel bad when people pull over for me. White trike looks
LEO. Had a guy pull up next to me at a traffic light and say. " EXCUSE ME OFFICER. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THE ATHLETC FIELD IS " I said WHAT?

i installed one on my bike last year, i think it really get the cagers attention. i at least know it got a cops attention he did a uturn came after me and pulled me over. He was going to give me a ticket for faulty eqiupment saying i must have had a loose wire in the light. I told him to stand in front of the bike and i turned it off then back on. No ticket for faulty equipment, no he proceeded to tell me they werne allowed. I opened the tourpack and pulled out the regulations handed them to him and he was ok with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png