starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

ok well today I did not get much done on wiring as I needed to mount gas tank so I could figure out if I could use the junction block that was used at firewall in Riviera well no luck so started cutting it out of existing engine bay harness its about half done needed a break from that as its in a bad location for soldering joints ,,, guess I will need to redo all of the harness,,, hey its only wires!!!
the good news is that location and mount for battery and fuel tank in done and the weight will be on rear axle that should help with traction I would think. details are what makes or breaks a build so i'll take my time with wiring. I did remove emission stuff today -tapped and plugged the intake where the exhaust bypass went.. tomorrow i'll finish removing junction block and come up with pcm location in area in back of trunk . the the rest of wiring will be interesting!!

wiring harness

ok harness is done- just wrapped with elec. tape will add wire loom when all relays etc. are complete,,, but harness is done at last!!! GMTUNERS is done with my pcm also......so my Riviera computer now thinks its in a Pontiac grand prix GTP:xzqxz: hey I always wanted one:)
now need to wire up relays and fuel pump install my 3.4" pulley on supercharger and make some noise!! pics to come
mike

hi ed
yes I do enjoy the trike build,,,
I started the build as I thought I could get myself on a trike for a modest amount of cash. well as I got into it,,,, the amount spent became secondary to what would really make me happy so weight, balance, braking and horse power-kind of took over my thought process. I spent a good amount of time on front end as I have wanted to play around with leading link and and I wanted a beefy industrial looking front end with wheel/tire combo that fit the trike.... so I worked it out and the engine/trans should be a blast as trike weight will be well under my 1500 lbs. goal and 300hp to boot!
so ya i'm like'n the build- will be done a lot sooner after engine is fired up!! I had a vision of the trike body so hope to be building it in a few weeks I just need to decide how much storage we need ... add trunk to rear or not??
mike

well guys the harness is done but I still need to get fuel lines done and fuse box :xzqxz:
will it ever end ?? some of it is me -worry'n about details-engine has been sett'n here for a couple years so I pulled the injectors out ck-ed them and ran injector cleaner through them while pulsing voltage signal a couple didn't spray vary well at first so I think it was time well spent;),,, ran some cleaner through hard lines also (old fuel smelled bad for sure,,, wish I would have done this back in the beginning ).... pulled valve covers and installed new gaskets and bolt grommet's goin broke 50 bucks at a time:laugh:
will pick up new O-ring seals for injectors in the morning and get all this stuff back on engine-then work out fuel tank to engine fuel lines- my son mucguivered me some fitting to run steel braided line not sure I need to spend that much money or not ss steel braided has got pricey see how I when I get to it
more later mike

new oil pan and windage tray(wanted to inspect lower end all is wellThumbUp), new valve cover gaskets and grommets, changing out all vacuum lines too . will get some pics today and will try to get 3.4" blower pulley on - hey its all got to be done ,,,,,
mike

a few pics cause if where ain't no pics did it really happen:xzqxz:P1010470.JPGP1010469.JPGP1010468.JPGP1010467.JPGP1010466.JPGP1010465.JPGP1010464.JPG1.&2. front of engine all the sensors are over here except MAP, speed signal from trans and a knock sensor also u see 2 wires blk&brn. they are to air temp sensor left them long as not sure where i'll install sensor cold air intake not built yet..
3. rear - white 3wire is map heat insulated to left is Oyx sensor wire red plug is altenator and speed sensor is down on trans-axle, there ia 3 wires from comp wiring that are leaving harness as it wraps around engine they are for criuise they are not wrapped yet...
4. this trans wiring,,,, and 5. this is pcm power, grounds, and signal wiring for relays etc. ya that's next in the wiring
6.this is where PCM plugs in to harness,,, 7. this shows difference in pulley size,,, stock 3.8" zz performance 3.4"
ryan @ GMtuners also found me a pin breakout for GM factory cruise control so I'm adding it also as my ol' body is beat up and cruise helps
I also ordered silicone rubber vacuum lines as all fitting on factory line are hard from time and heat I guess anyway could not find 5/32 to 1/4 90degree fitting so i'll go another way..
more to come mike

hi all
got tool made too install 3.4 blower wheel and did the install,,, now the belt is a little P1010471.JPGP1010472.JPG
too loose - need to make up 6/10th of and inch or so,,, could buy shorter belt but think i'll change the smooth idler and the grooved as well I found a gates pulley size chart
http://www.gates.com/oreilly/PDFs/Pulley Size Listing.pdf
its great I can figure the amount of wrap around that I need to make on each pulley and then see what's available and price them,,, pick one I want hey its a win win they come with new bearings ThumbUp
1. new pulley.... 2. idlers i'll replace as soon as they show up;)
magoo

hi all
got tool made too install 3.4 blower wheel and did the install,,, now the belt is a little View attachment 37841View attachment 37842
too loose - need to make up 6/10th of and inch or so,,, could buy shorter belt but think i'll change the smooth idler and the grooved as well I found a gates pulley size chart
http://www.gates.com/oreilly/PDFs/Pulley Size Listing.pdf
its great I can figure the amount of wrap around that I need to make on each pulley and then see what's available and price them,,, pick one I want hey its a win win they come with new bearings ThumbUp
1. new pulley.... 2. idlers i'll replace as soon as they show up;)
magoo

The good news .. the engine will be sound when you take your first ride ... :D

hi all
changed out vacuum lines looks good and no cracked 90 degree fitting-don't need them with silicone linesThumbUp working on fuel lines now-will go over to son's shop and pillage some tubing that will work,,, hey he's still work'n he can afford it :D
heres a few pics of vacuum lines and harness,,,, hope to get fuel line's worked out soon
magoo

Attachments

• P1010473.JPG
    P1010473.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 244
  • P1010474.JPG
    P1010474.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 232
  • P1010475.JPG
    P1010475.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 230
  • P1010476.JPG
    P1010476.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 234
well I think we need to play with trail a little first - I don't know how we would hide all the parts for power steering but I am interested if you have any ideas lets kick it around some!! ;) mike

well been gone for week or so went Harrison ark. just south of eureka springs. we parked rv in friends farm field and had a good time visiting with them as well as some others from Bainbridge Georgia then connie and I spent a day and drove jeep over to Joplin to chrome shop mafia to buy a little chrome for motor coach and a couple new trucker air ride seats too!! could have probably finished trike with da money I spent:xzqxz:
hey you only go around once-at least that's I hear:D
will get back on build this week mike

well been gone for week or so went Harrison ark. just south of eureka springs. we parked rv in friends farm field and had a good time visiting with them as well as some others from Bainbridge Georgia then connie and I spent a day and drove jeep over to Joplin to chrome shop mafia to buy a little chrome for motor coach and a couple new trucker air ride seats too!! could have probably finished trike with da money I spent:xzqxz:
hey you only go around once-at least that's I hear:D
will get back on build this week mike

Spend it while you got it. :pepper:

well I think we need to play with trail a little first - I don't know how we would hide all the parts for power steering but I am interested if you have any ideas lets kick it around some!! ;) mike

I picked up the rear an inch and now have 1 1/2 inch trail. Picked up a slight low speed shake . The steering is a slight bit easier on corners . I do have some ideas, just need to work them out a little more on paper. Marine slave cylinder and actuator come to mind also the older chevy and mustang slaves and actuators. Just dreaming of riding with no shoulder pain. My brother in law says my junks steers better than his kit on his Yamaha so it has to be all me. :AGGHH:

I picked up the rear an inch and now have 1 1/2 inch trail. Picked up a slight low speed shake . The steering is a slight bit easier on corners . I do have some ideas, just need to work them out a little more on paper. Marine slave cylinder and actuator come to mind also the older chevy and mustang slaves and actuators. Just dreaming of riding with no shoulder pain. My brother in law says my junks steers better than his kit on his Yamaha so it has to be all me. :AGGHH:
I too have slight low speed wobble on my sidecar set up I use a steering stabilizer cylinder and all's good may try that $35 and up on flea bay may more on internet
mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png