starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

yea i like it lower . looks great.. What is that faring off of?
well butch the inner fairing was off a 2012 road glide,, outer fairing is a kurakyn single headlight model. I didn't want this to look like any production bike from front:D it sure wont any where else:xzqxz:
magoo

The only issue I see lowing the faring, now the trees are way above the faring ... :Shrug:
hey fuzzy good to hear from you!!
yes trees are high- my son and I talked about that I conceded shortening tubes and lowering steering head but the more I looked at it the more I like the heavy metal work showing so think its here to stay. I was going to build dash on cover over trees but now think my dash will be where the radio would have lived on a hd.... I do like having a radio but I don't have a need to look at it !!! we will see how this works out.

I'm busy working on our bluebird motor coach at this time,, its like me getting a little long in the tooth :)so up grading interior new couch and chair- tv's, microwave, Samsung house frig and floors- the floors are beating me up but all subfloors done except bed room and its going to get done today- its the only floor that I didn't have to remove ceramic tile!!! should be a piece of cake:xzqxz: well I hope so anyway-new flooring will be here fri or Monday so they say will get back on trike build after floor is done-hope to hirer someone to install flooring - we'll see
magoo

great job and thanks for the posts magoo!!

Okay .... I don't know about anyone else ... but I'm in need of a MaGoo build fix .... :D

Hope I didn't just put my foot in my mouth.

magoo,you are nothing short of a genius and a joy to follow the build job,,thanks

ok I 've been missing in action for a while,,, health problems in the family slower down my scheduled .
I will be working on trike again shortly- I have to get all furniture back in motorhome (remember I started that month or 2 ago) it has been waiting in the last few days I finished the new Samsung frig and micro. as well as subfloor install-then replaced floors 2 days ago with luxury vinyl tile huh??:xzqxz:- that's kinda like say'n giant scrimp :xzqxz: any way looks great and its the same flooring servile high end coach shops down south use the only difference is I couldn't pay them to do it!!-just need to get it back together and winterized-will not be traveling this winter so plenty of time for trike!!I have the stock to add hangers for new front brake calipers and should be working on it this coming week end.
thank for the kind words fuzzywushe and shepdaddy,,,- I miss working on it for sure
more soon
magoo

Didn't mean too be pushy ... just had a MaGoo withdrawal ... :AGGHH: ... really enjoy your build thread and missed my fix ... Thanks for the update.

well back to work on trike-building new caliper hangers for my dual disc. set up-for the second time screwed up the first ones:blush: glad I 'm not paying my son to cut me a couple new blanks !! ...

I ordered some more 2x3 tubing changing the front end just don't like the way it looks-aesthetically,,, will angle the tubing going to steering head/neck-won't change neck angle just how it all looks will lower steering head 2-3" wife can't see over fairing without setting on a 3"cushion

she's short but tall enough to scare me:D got'a keep moma happy!!. I didn't think the vertical riser going to neck was important as didn't think you would really see it with fairing and all well I was wrong should get material next week- son is working it in on shop material shipment- so no shipping cost to me... I like that!!

I will take some pics. when I get roll'n
magoo

well still don't have material for frame mods but did build the caliper hangers today-will remove the existing hanger that I did for single p.s. caliper and install the new hangers for the 2000+ hd bagger calipers-not to complicated but it took me 2 try's to get err done :blush:!!

more tomorrow-should get changes to brakes completed/welded on ,,,
spent most of today working on 6ft.-16ga. Niagara jump shear thought it just needed a tune-up,,, gibbs adjusted and blade shimmed no such luck!! ,,,removing blades to get them ground has not been sharpened in 20+ years its like me- gett'n long in the tooth and needs a little work:D
magoo

Attachments

• P1010308.JPG
    P1010308.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 162
  • P1010309.JPG
    P1010309.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 165
dual caliper

ok I can check dual caliper mounts off the list!!
its done nice fit will not do final rocker paint/industrial coating what ever I'm going to do as if I want go lower trail setting I will need to move mount back also:( maybe I should have made mount bolt on-my hind-sight is 20/20!!,,, don't think that will be a problem but will ride it first anyway. still wait'n on material
hers a couple pics of mounts
magoo

Attachments

• P1010310.JPG
    P1010310.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 220
  • P1010312.JPG
    P1010312.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 218
  • P1010313.JPG
    P1010313.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 213
nice idea , i like it. Looks like the caliper can be bled ok to
hi butch
ya I think the calipers will be easy to bleed and when applying front brake the front end won't dive gota love that;)on to rework on front end my material showed up:clapping:
magoo

well I have got some steel cut for trike today I'm cleaning them up and drilling some holes through new cross brace to run some wiring up through angled tubing to neck area for fairing wiring etc. and some through holes for shift cable throttle brake line and such.. will get a couple pics. tomorrow
magoo

ok I have got a little work done on trike - have the start of new neck location still early
in the process all the metal work is not done I tried to post pic but wouldn't work just showed a ? where picture should have been its not the camera I can e-mail them,,, any ideas wrong? .
magoo

are you saying you cant post the picture from your PC . Did you accidentally change how picture is saved to PC . I use JPEG

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png