starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

Great build I will fallow this one I have a 04 impala I wrecked and have been thinking of doing the same with it just didn't know where to start
hey dragonponics
hows the world treating ya??
glad this got you think'n... i hear that texas has a problem with home built projects... it that true?
hope its not and you get something going !!
magoo

well its Thursday.. been over to sons shop cut up another 20 foot of 2x2x1/8 tubing this should be the end of square tubing...this will enclose gas tank etc. on to bending up some round from here on i think.

I have been busy working on the boring stuff on trike project where/how to mount gas tank, rad, fuel pump stuff like that once i make a little real progress i'll post some pics,,

also been looking at seats found some nice looking seats at appletreeauto.com,, they call them "race trim seats" black vinyl at around $200.00 each has anyone had any experience with appletree or these seats??

well folks it'll be a week or so before i get much done- wife is getting knees replaced. she will keep me jump'n and out of shop I'm sure....

this surgery is what is keeping us from coming to ark. for the rally... we like it over there beautiful area and hope to make it next year..

more later....

magoo

thanks for well wishes for wife!!

she's home and doing great...

I even got to sneak away to shop and work on a motor mount...

the side mounts were part of car sheet metal ...long gone it all got to get done you just don't see any progress when you look at the project!!

magoo

well the wife gave me few hours off today(she took a nap;)) for good behavior

so... off to the shop I went,, the motor mounts are about finished

1. right side mount.. needed to be removable to change belts..

2. another angle of mount I think you can see how tight it is and it needed to be offset some to clear everything ..I will add a piece of tubing to tie in at top like you will see on other side

3. left side mount this end is attached to motor mount and mount is attached to chain housing..

4. you can see it needed to be offset to miss spring/strut that I moved in 2.5 inch...

5. you can see that I make this mount removable also that way if I need to jack up other side to change belts I will have a little more side motion...the engine/trans are fully isolated on all 4 sides at last!

slow going but moving forward!!

magoo

Attachments

• P1010071.JPG
    P1010071.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 208
  • P1010072.JPG
    P1010072.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010073.JPG
    P1010073.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 189
  • P1010074.JPG
    P1010074.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010075.JPG
    P1010075.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 190
ThumbUp,,,Glad to hear the wife is doing well ,,and good work on the build . I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out , keep us posted on progress .ThumbUp

worked on trike today...removed the power steering pump and a/c compressor will use a a/c delete pulley, shorter belt, grooved idler and change the way belt is run ...also built the base for radiator and mounted fans... not to exciting just work..waiting on more steel should get Monday or Tuesday I'll start on front half of trike can't wait !! guess I need to order seats.....:D:D
magoo

Late Material Arrival used to drive us crazy when I built Race Cars....."I wanna' build it, and I wanna' build it now"......:laugh:....Good Luck on Your Metal Arrival.....ThumbUp
hi skuuter
waiting on material for frame, waiting on new belts, pulleys, a/c delete and more...
now this morning wife said" maybe you should put a/c on trike like stallion has":confused:
....I said well lets worry about that after I finish the build...
we have been riding for 45 years or so together with out a/c...for 30 years or so I would not have a radio
guess the world is changing..... not sure I'll catch up!!
magoo

hi skuuter
waiting on material for frame, waiting on new belts, pulleys, a/c delete and more...
now this morning wife said" maybe you should put a/c on trike like stallion has":confused:
....I said well lets worry about that after I finish the build...
we have been riding for 45 years or so together with out a/c...for 30 years or so I would not have a radio
guess the world is changing..... not sure I'll catch up!!
magoo

"HI"...ThumbUp....have You thought about Cruise Control, installing Windows just so You can electrically roll em' up and down, maybe actual power steering, etc. ...:laugh:........no worries, I won't suggest it to Your Wife......:laugh:...;)

hey no power windows :xzqxz: what will we do !!
I think it will not need power steering with proper front end geometry...so that's what i'll shoot for!!
and yes I do have a ruff draft...vary ruff!! i'll try and clean it up and post it. until then heres the seats!!...and...,
no!!
the tv is not for the trike, I may try installing ice maker under you know who's seat!!:laugh:
cut steel this afternoon will weld in the am!! I'm pumped....well
ok as close as an old guy can get to being pumped:xzqxz::clapping:
magoo

Attachments

• P1010076.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 163
ok its not much but heres kinda how I see it..
like I said drawing is ruff but hope you can see where i'm heading.. its not chiseled in stone.. may change some I would like it a little shorter in the wheel base..
magoo

Attachments

• P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 170

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png