Nice surprise

Apr 24, 2011
Massachsetts.,USA
The wife and I were out sunday riding the Mohawk Trail here in Massachusetts.It's all uphill pretty much. When I filled up today I found out I got 38 1/2 miles to a gal. never got gas mileage like that before,especially on hills. Must be something is broke.:Shrug:

The wife and I were out sunday riding the Mohawk Trail here in Massachusetts.It's all uphill pretty much. When I filled up today I found out I got 38 1/2 miles to a gal. never got gas mileage like that before,especially on hills. Must be something is broke.:Shrug:

Easy on the throttle, pick the right gear, and good gas mileage will be the end result. Last weekend my dad bagged a 38 mpg by running 5th gear with speeds between 55 - 60 mph while on our way to Wellsboro. My 2 wheel 2012 GL1800 returned me a 44.5 mpg.

Been seeing the same at times on the mpg. Not hammering the throttle helps. Ease the throttle and saves on the mpg.

Love that ride. This was taken of my trike on hair pin turn Mowhawk trail , 6 months after I bought it, and appeared on a magazine cover. I can get close to 40 on the back roads. As said right gears , under 45 MPH
Touringnewscover-1-1.jpg

Easy on the throttle, pick the right gear, and good gas mileage will be the end result. Last weekend my dad bagged a 38 mpg by running 5th gear with speeds between 55 - 60 mph while on our way to Wellsboro. My 2 wheel 2012 GL1800 returned me a 44.5 mpg.

Sounds like you were running RT 6.Great road 50/60 mph ,sit back & enjoy.
RT 59 from Warren to Smethport is about 10 miles shorter & you can take in
the Kinzua dam,I live in the area and there are all kinds of good roads.pepper
Wish you all well,BT

Sounds like you were running RT 6.Great road 50/60 mph ,sit back & enjoy.
RT 59 from Warren to Smethport is about 10 miles shorter & you can take in
the Kinzua dam,I live in the area and there are all kinds of good roads.pepper
Wish you all well,BT

Thats the route, we take RT6 and go down 59 past the dam and into Smethport. We got a bummer of a surprise this time around, was going to catch lunch at the RT6 diner in Smethport only to find it closed and for sale. Ate at the place up the street on the same side as RT6 diner, never again, they can sure wreck and omelet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png