2009 suzuki c50 trike

captdanwh

Reaction score
Hey guys , I need some help here. my wife wants a trike and I do not think she can handle a real big one. has anybody out there ever converted one or driven one and how did it handle and was there enough power? money is a issue and I do not want to spend a lot on a trike she will only ride maybe 2000 miles a year. any issues or replies will be welcome.

A 50cc machine is not large enough to push a trike. If your wife can drive a car she can handle any size trike. A trike has 3 wheels so there is no balancing issue. My sister has a 1800 Goldwing trike and she is a very small lady. :10:

I am 5 foot, had a two wheeled sportster, now I have a triglide, didnt think I wanted a big bike , but am really starting to love it. The original plan was to make the sporty into a trike, but easier to finance a trike already made then to finance a kit and install. We traded both of our bikes in on it , but hubby felt the need to still have two wheels. We both ride the trike. But most of the time he rides his fatboy and I ride the trike.

thanks Dolly, I think we are going the bigger is better route. we will get her on a few of them and I think with a little practice she should do fine. thanks for the input. Dan

I bought a 2006 Suzuki Blvd. C50 trike for my wife a couple of years ago. She loved riding it. We sold it recently when I bought a HD CSC trike, and she rides the HD now. She misses the C50, and doesn't ride the HD much because it is so much bigger. I love the HD but wish I could have kept the C50 for her.

The C50 was beautiful and dependable. It was however too small for me, and the ride was rough because of the solid axle suspension. I don't think it was very safe to ride a passenger, however it was fine for my wife alone, who is a small person.

I would recommend the C50 for a smaller person who isn't interested in a lot of power, or a "Cadillac ride".
Tommy

NOMB but what does this have to do with a Harley!!
My feeling is being a trike bigger is better. I taught a 70 year old 5' 130 lb lady that had never even ridden a bicycle , to drive a 2002 Honda 1800 Goldwing. We rode 125 miles her 1st weekend after getting her endorsement. You can get a 1300 cc trike or even an 1800 used trike for a little more that what you pay for a brand new C50

C50 is great for around town. It just doesn't have enough ump for the highway. I drive an '03 Volusia 2 wheeler, same as C50. Love it for around town and back roads. I stay off the super slab. It needs a 6th gear. Slab riders install a 1400 or 1500 final drive on them. The extra weight of a trike kit would be too much. No to mention no reverse.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png