Too much turbulence behind windshield

May 25, 2013
Keokuk, Iowa
Tried everything with my recently purchased 07 Ultra Classic trike. Went to a LRS 14 and looked thru the windshield, tried opening and closing the lower vents but their is just too much wind flowing under my face shield. My helmet has a face shield that pushes right up into the upper part. Even tried riding with no face shield. No matter the conditions, there is a lot of turbulence behind the windshield hitting me in the face. Makes no sense as there is the bat fairing and it has deflectors on the bottom part then there is the windshield itself. Think a full face helmet is the only solution.:gah:

The air maybe blowing up from the front of the tank area..Dennis tree wind deflector has cut down alot of the wind for my trike..

Then there's "possibly" a Cheaper Solution....get a Dealer You know really well to let You try out some various Helmets...Helmet design can make a really big difference for "Turbulence Comfort".....ThumbUp

Had the front fork deflectors on my Heritage. Didn't think they made that much difference as there only a couple inches across. There is a lot of open area behind the front wheel. I'm guessing the wind goes thru there and straight up into my face shield and its a lot of wind or I wouldn't even bother to bring it up. Have no other ideas so going to a full face shield. Tks

Talked to my dealer today about this wind buffeting and the parts guy said that it was somewhat of a common problem so Harley came out with what they call an air baffle which bolts on behind the front forks of the Ultra Classic. Won't get the trike back until Friday. Anyone have an air baffle and does it do any good!

Talked to my dealer today about this wind buffeting and the parts guy said that it was somewhat of a common problem so Harley came out with what they call an air baffle which bolts on behind the front forks of the Ultra Classic. Won't get the trike back until Friday. Anyone have an air baffle and does it do any good!

Sure have. I made my own baffle. But a lot more help came from the fork deflectors that go on the outside of the forks from the fairing down.
They aren't made by Harley to fit the Ultra front end. They need to be modified to fit the turn signals, & the passing light brackets. Dennis started making them, but turned the items over to :http://www.street-glide.com/order.html
They make a lot of difference, also the behind the forks baffle he has helps a lot also. Mine is almost like it but mine is all aluminum. You can see the fork deflectors can be seen in my photos. You can see the ends of the fork baffle, but it is black so you can't tell what it is.
Ride Safe !
pepper

It used to be standard equipment on all baggers until MOCO decided it was an improvement to remove them, then they shoed up in the P&A catalog as an add-on. Less is more (money that is). The round one won't fit on a trike though, not sure what the dealer is selling you.

Another thing that has worked for some folks is doing a tank lift. This pushes more air under the tank and over the engine, and less air over the top of the tank and up the riders chest to their helmet.

Click HERE for more info.

DeluxeOptionBagger.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png