250+ Posts
Dec 28, 2010
oly,wa
I was wondering if anyone has changed out there drum brakes
for discs and if they changed there master cylinder also
this would be for a triwing kit
Thanks
Dragon

I used a Crown Victoria rear disc setup on my 05, then had to use a Wilwood after market master due to the larger calipers requiring more fluid volume. I had the 5 bolt axle so a 4 bolt axle will need something entirely different. Which should be easier to find convertible brake systems.
BongobobNY also has a write up on converting to discs brakes and changing a master cylinder. His article can be found at venturerider.org.
Larry

Yes but my conversion was for the Hannigan getting rid of their Ducatti rear calipers and putting Honda CRX calipers on instead. The Hannigan uses spindle assemblies from Honda CRX and makes their own brackets to mount the Ducatti calipers. I found the Wilwood 13/16" master worked the best, the 3/4" had a longer travel and could lock up the rear brakes just a tad too easily, whereas the 7/8" had too firm of a pedal. Not sure what size would work best with the Crown Vic calipers...

I took the wheels off today to adjust the brakes because they felt
soft. so what do I find both wheel cylinders are leaking and the right
bearing is working it's way out of the axle. I only have 18k on the
bike. Anyone else have any problems like this.
Thanks
Dragon

Never had a problem with axle seals on my"05" for the 35,000 + miles I had it. I changed out the drums for the crown vic clapers & discs the first year I had the Tri-Wing.

I took my drum brakes off today and went to put the new crown vic
mounting plates on but they would not fit. the bolt patterns would
not line up? does the calipers mount on the top or the bottom.
used 03 crown vic hardware.:Shrug:

Thanks
Dragon

Hello
took my old parts back to junk yard and exchanged them.
pulled used parts from another vic and brought them home
still they do not fit. are there certain years that fit,
Dragon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png