Honda Valkyrie trike kit

Reaction score
Very serious about buying a Honda Valkyrie and trike it.

Looking for a smooth ride, wide in rear, any one with one, please post what you have. Your experience with it.

thanks

I have a 98 Valkyrie with a California Sidecar kit; first trike, and I just bought it. We have put about 1000 miles on it, and feel like we are about to get it sorted out. This is the solid axle version; are you looking at solid axle or IRS? Screen everything I say against my opening statement; I don't have very much experience. So far, CSC has shown good customer service, although I got two totally different responses to a suspension setup question, one that worked pretty well and one that seemed to be plain wrong. Rides like a dream on smooth roads, kinda rough on rough roads, and we have some rough ones. This thing corners like I would never have imagined; at this time, I have no idea where the limits are, but they're pretty far out there. Wife wants to learn to drive it; steering seems a bit heavy for her, and I wouldn't mind having it a little lighter either. Just got a rake kit in today from Bazooka (see sticky). Looking forward to getting that installed.

Feel free to contact me if you wish, forum or pm.

Thanks, thinking about going with a CSC or Roadsmith. Looking at getting a IRS, I think.
Looking to buy the Valkyrie, then go for trike kit.

Not a big hurry, currently have a trike.

My handle is Gabby and I have a 99 green/silver I/S with just over 59k on it. It is a CSC conversion that is solid axle. I have rode it in excess of 15k this year as I have been a busy feller riding as far as I can in Ky., Va., W.Va., Tenn., and some parts of southern Ohio. Everyone has their opinion about their favorite and I do truly LOVE this trike as it has all the things that make it a great trike to ride. Suggest getting an Interstate as it has am/fm/cb/aux and sound great in the headsets. Major complaint-not much sounds from the front speakers-rear sounds OK. The Valk will be more bike than you expect as it will be all the power and performance that you could want. Some people that have Valks are not satisfied with the seats and order the russel day long, ultimate seats or Corbins. I like the oem and it just suits me fine. It is very manuveral at slow speeds in parking lots and the like and is very smooth on the highway.

Buy the Valkyrie-trike it-take off down the highways and byways of North America.

The gas mileage will be from 35-45 mpg depending on how hard you twist the throttle. put 42 lbs. on the front and 23-26 on rear and it will be like floating on a cloud. The airbag pressure should be about 35-50 lbs. Adjust to your specs and softness-hardness.

Gabby

I've got a '98 Valkyrie standard with the Motor Trike kit, solid axle. The only trike I have owned so I can't offer comparisons. It is a straight axle, I run tire pressures about like Gabby does. I get less MPG, but I've added a 6* trigger wheel, reworked the carbs with larger jets. Gained some horses, but I wouldn't do it again.

The last two summers I've run about 3k mile vacations, to rally's in Eureka Springs, visiting kin in La, Ok, & the panhandle of Texas before heading home. The ride is satisfactory to me, power is great, reliability has been outstanding.

DFT can do an assume conversion. Saw one a few years ago. That would be Ind rear.
I will see if I can find pictures of it.

Nice...I've always liked the look of them.ThumbUp It was either that or the "X" when I went shopping. They didn't have a Valk around, so the choice was pretty much made for me, (not that I think I made the wrong one or anything). Good luck on your conversion.

Recently bought my second Valkyrie. It's a 2002 model that I just completed a Roadsmith Kit conversion with a new front end rake.

If you like Valkyrie's, you're going to love a Honda Valkyrie trike.

Here's a couple of photos you may like.

Jagjeep

2002 Valkyrie Trike conversion 001 (800x445) (640x356).jpg2002 Valkyrie Trike conversion 040 (640x480).jpg2002 Valkyrie Trike conversion 064 (640x557).jpg2002 Valkyrie Trike conversion 059 (640x480).jpg2002 Valkyrie Trike conversion 069 (1024x610) (640x381).jpg

Last edited:
Valk trike

Bought a Valkyrie with 55000 miles, 1999 interstate model.

Talked to installer , Zook, yesterday. Going to order a Roadsmith trike kit for my 97 Valk Tourer. Can't wait to get it done. Hope you are happy with yours.

Talked to installer , Zook, yesterday. Going to order a Roadsmith trike kit for my 97 Valk Tourer. Can't wait to get it done. Hope you are happy with yours.

It was great meeting you and your little buddy yesterday Elliot. The member who started this thread, Saab9k (real name Jorgen) bought his Roadsmith Valk conversion from me back in 2013 and did a self install. Pictures are on another thread he started HERE. Valks make a fantastic trike...Looking forward to turning your green and creme tourer into a beautiful Roadsmith trike!

Very serious about buying a Honda Valkyrie and trike it.

Looking for a smooth ride, wide in rear, any one with one, please post what you have. Your experience with it.

thanks

Early 1500 version or new Valkyrie? Makes a difference in kit options.

Widest is Hannigan. RS, CSC and Hanningan are longest and all are IRS.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png