2014 Tri-Glide Thread

Re: 2014 Tri-Glides are water cooled :(

I don't think its going to scare very many off...I think if anything it will do the opposite. They've been fighting EPA and heat issues from day one with the TriGlide. The patent for the cooling system was filed in 2011 so they've been seriously working on this since at least 2010.

They developed the water cooled heads in 2006 actually. Why they haven't put it into production until 2014 is the mystery. :D

Interesting that they have linked the rear brakes to the front brakes. Apply rear brake and it automatically links to apply front brake. But, you can apply front brake only and no link to back brake. Would have been nice if they would have put ABS on the trike. Also sounds like they have change the rear brake manufacturer.

Also looks like they have radiator looking inserts on the lower fairings. Hopefully these will still let through enough air to cool driver and passenger legs.

Pictures say it is Wiz.

Sure do like this color combo.

14-hd-tri-glide-ultra-c38-w06.png

Re: 2014 Harleys WOW! PROJECT RUSHMORE

Well, I was about to run out and buy a new Trike, but as soon as I saw no CD player, I will never buy one. Did the same thing on my new car - no CD player no deal.
I will never go out and buy something else in order to listen to MY music.
Takes way too long to play a particular song. On a CD it's just 2 seconds to go to a song - on a mp3 player much longer because you have to thread your way through too many levels. I easily beat a local guy going to a favorite song.

I'm good for a CD that holds up to 30 songs - that's more then enough for me. I usually need to stop at that point anyway.

Too old to go to yet another format. I went through 78 rpm, 45 rpm, reel to reel tape, 4 track, 8-track, cassette, CD and now mp3? No way!:laugh:

I just got back from my dealership...They are getting in 20 2014's today...didn't know if a Trike is in that group or not. Yep...They are water cooled.

I love almost everything I see, except 2 things
1 No CD player that a deal killer for me
2 The beautiful red paint is gone, being replaced with a very dark red color - at least thats what it looks like in the on line brochure. Also a deal breaker.

Well, I was about to run out and buy a new Trike, but as soon as I saw no CD player, I will never buy one. Did the same thing on my new car - no CD player no deal.
I will never go out and buy something else in order to listen to MY music.
Takes way too long to play a particular song. On a CD it's just 2 seconds to go to a song - on a mp3 player much longer because you have to thread your way through too many levels. I easily beat a local guy going to a favorite song.

I'm good for a CD that holds up to 30 songs - that's more then enough for me. I usually need to stop at that point anyway.

Too old to go to yet another format. I went through 78 rpm, 45 rpm, reel to reel tape, 4 track, 8-track, cassette, CD and now mp3? No way!:laugh:
will a external cd player work for you??

Re: the 2014 Tri-Glides are water cooled

They refer to it as dual cooling,,,,,,, Could be oil or water. Nothing says exactly what that I've found. They are cooling around the exhaust & valves, so that could be either. The compression is 10.01:1, & a new cam........
I found the CD player will skip if you get on a bumpy road. The thumb drive wouldn't do that. Also there isn't anything that moves inside the thumb drive, it is direct file access. There isn't any looking for files except if the CPU in the radio is terribly slow, but it should still be faster than a CD. The thumb drive only has a limit on space like maybe 1,or 2gb. better than the 700mb of a CD.
Also the heat is lower than a CD drive, big time. Sometimes you can't even get a disk out of the player until it cools down. Haven't had that problem with the TG, but others.
By the way I do have some 4 & 8 track tapes in case you are interested..... Just kidding,,, you can't have them !!.....

Re: the 2014 Tri-Glides are water cooled

Just got back from the h-d dealer.They had one trike in & 13 bikes coming in.The trike has a lil reservoir inside both lower fairings.It looked like anti freeze in it.The tour pak is thinner,but wider & a lil longer.The inside does not have the rounded corners.They have led lights so they don't need that space.So that is supposed to add a lil bit more room.Alot of things i missed but,they had quite a few people veiwing it.I got the parts catalog & the screamin eagle catalog,so i'll be able to look later & see whats in there.I read the handle bars were different,but i couldn't really say,i don't remember what my stock bars were like.I know it has alot more to see then what i saw,but like i said,lots of people!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png