Auto Tires On Rear of T.G.

Jul 31, 2011
Meridian, ID. USA
Put a new set of Toyo car radials on my TG...Just got back from a 350 mile ride thru the twistys and curves in the Idaho mountains. :)

Before I bloviate about them, I am curious how many of you have done this also and what are your thoughts, good and bad, about the car tires on the rear instead of the stock Dunlop tires that came on it. And what tires did you use. Fire away!

I've actually been pretty happy with the stock rear tires on my '10 TG. 65k and they still look good. I find they handle all sorts of weather great.

I have 42 thou. on my stock Dunlops/lots of good tread and seems to handle well for me. I've checked with several dealers and have yet to find one who has replaced the rears yet due to normal wear.

Good job with 65k on those Bozo. Mine were almost down to the wear bars at 30k. I must be doing something wrong.
only 30K I was amazed to see that they were worn this much with so little miles..

What are your tire pressures and rodes like where you ride??

It is all that chrome you have on that thing!!!!!!!!

HaHa!!! Yeah!,,,all that shine comes with a price!..In many different ways!

Leaving shortly to go on another ride with more twisties, curves, and hairpins than yesterdays ride. I shall return.

HaHa!!! Yeah!,,,all that shine comes with a price!..In many different ways!

Leaving shortly to go on another ride with more twisties, curves, and hairpins than yesterdays ride. I shall return.

Hahahaha.....was thinking the same thing (too much chrome)!!!! Hope my rear tires last more than 30K.

Hahahaha.....was thinking the same thing (too much chrome)!!!! Hope my rear tires last more than 30K.

Chrome is subjective and we all know it makes any ride go faster!! Ha Ha!!

Well, I could have easily gone many K more miles on the stock tires, but wanted to try something different, so here are the results, keeping in mind that this is my humble opinion only.

When I went into the first set of curves going up Hwy 55 Fri, I was startled by how much better the handling and gription ( is that a word?) were compared to the stock tires. I mean the difference was really, really, noticeable. Saturday I went over Lowman Pass, Hwy 21, and if any of you on here are familiar with that stretch of road, you have enjoyed all the 20 mph steep hairpins and curves for 30 miles.

Took all the hairpins and curves at higher than my usual speeds with more stability and feeling of control. I was seriously very surprised as I was not expecting there to be such a difference. I dunno if the extra tread depth made the difference or the possibly higher quality tire sidewalls were in on it also? Maybe after a few K, it will not feel the same? Maybe it is just all the chrome!!! Did 500 miles in the 2 days with no Babe on Back.

I do know I am very happy with them. I am headed up to Seattle, the San Jaun Islands, and B.C. next week with the Babe on Back,, so they will get a good test run.

Trent, I will be waiting to hear how the new tires do with the Babe on Back. I know my TG is a different machine solo vs 2 up and I think it is because of the flex in the rear tire sidewalls. Would also like to know how you like those tires after a few miles in the rain.

Trent, I will be waiting to hear how the new tires do with the Babe on Back. I know my TG is a different machine solo vs 2 up and I think it is because of the flex in the rear tire sidewalls. Would also like to know how you like those tires after a few miles in the rain.

Hey Sam...I will fer sure give an update about 2up differences. Babe is outta the country till Thurs or She woulda been with me this weekend. I hope I don't get to try 'em out in the rain too much next week, but if I do, so be it!

gription ( is that a word?) From someone who is a chromaholic - YES
And I am scared because it sounds right to me!
Dennis

Ha Ha!! Be afraid my Son. Be very afraid. If I am starting to make sense to you, we might have a problem!! I think it is a very descriptive word...Gives you a picture in your mind!

The new tires are : Toyo... P205/65R-15 92T Eclipse All Season BW.
123.00 each. Could have spent way more...or way less. They have a wide selection to choose from. The tire guy convinced me I would be happy with these. So far he is correct.

The new tires are : Toyo... P205/65R-15 92T Eclipse All Season BW.
123.00 each. Could have spent way more...or way less. They have a wide selection to choose from. The tire guy convinced me I would be happy with these. So far he is correct.

Did you get tires from HD dealer? Know that Les Schwab won't touch trikes for rear tire replacement...so I've been told.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png