Auto Tires On Rear of T.G.

I was going to stick with my Dunlops also as they seemed to work fine, till I tried something else....And I am very glad I switched. The common sense differences between auto tires verses motorcycle tires made it an easy choice, and my first ride on auto tires made me a believer.

Thinking about Michelin for my TG when it's time to change. I've got just under 30K miles and the wear on the stock tires is great but want more "meat" rolling down the road.

I was going to stick with my Dunlops also as they seemed to work fine, till I tried something else....And I am very glad I switched. The common sense differences between auto tires verses motorcycle tires made it an easy choice, and my first ride on auto tires made me a believer.

The Dunlop signature tires which come on the Triglide are car tires.

The Dunlop signature tires which come on the Triglide are car tires.

Yeah, I know... But when you have them off and compare them to other auto tires, the sidewall flex and stiffness, tread depth, and overall meatier aspect is a big difference. Since we don't lean, I can easily feel that the stiffer side wall makes a huge difference in the curves and twistys. The sidewall on those Dunlop's is very noticibly thin and flexible compared to the Toyo's I put on. You cannot know unless you try it for yourself. Others that have switched will agree with me on that. Sometimes ya gotta give new thought a chance!! I remember a lotta guys on here complaining about the new changes to the 2014's and that they were crazy and would never work and they will never get one. Ha Ha!! Some of them now have those new Trikes and love them. ;-)

My last thoughts on this crazy thread. !! :) All of you master-debaters out there,.... we all can agree that HD puts out their product with the cheapest, most cost effective, buy in bulk cheaper, no frills products they can get their hands on and get away with. Why do we all spend thousands of $$$$ for better quality, more efficient, and better performing products to make our rides better?? They work just fine without replacing anything. Right?

When you changed out the grips on your brand new Trike, why did you do that? Because the factory grips are crap!!!! HaHa!!!! Air breathers, mufflers, cams, windshields, led lights, floor boards, SEATS!.. ... you name it!!! They can all be replaced with products that work better. And most likely you replaced a lot of these items because someone who tried something different convinced you that something else worked better. And was more shiny too!!

Well... nobody thinks about tires the same way for some reason,, and maybe they should. There are just simply better performing tires out there than the cheaper made stock tires that HD buys in bulk for their benefit. ( as in $$$ savings ) Try it, and you will find out.

And no more replacing those sweet stock HD seats because they work just fine right?.. If there were seats that were better, HD would put them on to start with right??? !!!!!!!!!! Right. Ha ha!!!!!!

Why do we all spend thousands of $$$$ for better quality, more efficient, and better performing products to make our rides better?? They work just fine without replacing anything. Right?

Well, I usually change stuff on my ride out of personal choice...... I guess we could ask HD to build us all custom bikes to suit our exact needs and/or desires, but where is the fun in that? And, part of that fun is trying new things..... and sharing with others.

Now, I have no operational issues with the stock Dunlops - I just would like WWWs.

And, I can understand staying with the stock units as they can be had in a pinch at all the HD Dealers....

So, this is one of those personal choice things and everybody gets to choose for themselves...

Springman

Dunlop Signatures are the same tire that Ford uses on the Tarus. They are not cheap tires.

Softer sidewall = softer ride. I'm running 24 psi in mine.

YES If you want a performance sticky tire you buy for that reason.

I change stuff because I like to do that .... my trike is an expression of myself. Roxy is like no other trike out there. I'll probably go with Goodyear ComforTread as my replacement tire when the Dunlops wear out. I want a nice comfortable ride. When I want performance I ride my ZRX 1200R.

Bob :Dorag:

This one looks great and may corner like on rails ... but not a touring trike!! :pepper:

trike.png

They are an in-between tire. But there are better quality and better performing tires available. That is the simple point I am trying to make. If you are happy with what ya got, then who cares what anyone else thinks! :)

My last thoughts on this crazy thread. !! :) All of you master-debaters out there,.... we all can agree that HD puts out their product with the cheapest, most cost effective, buy in bulk cheaper, no frills products they can get their hands on and get away with. Why do we all spend thousands of $$$$ for better quality, more efficient, and better performing products to make our rides better?? They work just fine without replacing anything. Right?

When you changed out the grips on your brand new Trike, why did you do that? Because the factory grips are crap!!!! HaHa!!!! Air breathers, mufflers, cams, windshields, led lights, floor boards, SEATS!.. ... you name it!!! They can all be replaced with products that work better. And most likely you replaced a lot of these items because someone who tried something different convinced you that something else worked better. And was more shiny too!!

Well... nobody thinks about tires the same way for some reason,, and maybe they should. There are just simply better performing tires out there than the cheaper made stock tires that HD buys in bulk for their benefit. ( as in $$$ savings ) Try it, and you will find out.

And no more replacing those sweet stock HD seats because they work just fine right?.. If there were seats that were better, HD would put them on to start with right??? !!!!!!!!!! Right. Ha ha!!!!!!

:confused:.

I couldn't agree with you more, they do choose their suppliers based on the cheapest. They did that with lifters and the 'c' lifter shows, its a piece of junk which doesn't last real long.

I am working on putting Freewheeler wheels on Miss Mysterious...I am going to go with Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread on the rear...I do run 25psi rear and 40 psi in front...25 psi shocks w/ DK Comfort Lift...going to see tomorrow if I can make a Street Glide Enforcer wheel work on the front...only because I like the rotors better than the trike rotors...

I've been riding for 60 years. I've had Dunlop, Michelin, Avon, and God know what else on my bikes. Some 'stick' better, some last longer, some give a better ride. Nothing that any of them do make me want to replace perfectly good Dunlop tires. I'm not a road racer, nor do I worry myself sick about that extra mile or two of wear. I have never mounted a rear tire on the front with reverse rotation. All the tires I bought as replacements were usually on sale at the dealer at a price I thought was reasonable.

To the guy that wants 18" rims, better measure and measure again, not a lot of clearance in those Tri wheel wells. It is hard enough to get a stock tire and rim on and off.

18 inch rims work just fine if you use a 215/45/R18 tire. The circumference is the same as stock. They were just the same getting on and off as stock. I have 18 inch PM wheels on the rear and a 21 inch wheel on the front.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png