Detachable Passenger Armrest

0pini0nated

Before I spend my hard-earned $, has anyone you know used "Love Handles" Detachable Passenger Armrest?

Detachable Motorcycle Passenger Arm Rests for Harley Davidson, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Others

I looked at the videos. The fact that you can swing an armrest to the side to exit the saddle may be a problem. My wife uses the small Lehman-installed grab handles, which doesn't give her much support. If she relied on the armrests, and it swings out when she needs support the most, it would end up in the part boxes with all the other Harley-Davidson (stock & non-chrome) discarded parts in my attic.

Last edited:
They look very functional, but I have to say,,,, and my goofy opinion only,,,those things are fugly. But if they provide what works for ya, looks aint everything. That's what my Babe on Back sez about me too. Have you looked at the extended arm passenger backrest that Corbin makes? That is what I have and my Passenger likes 'em a lot. Dunno if you can see them very well in my avatar photo. They are way better than the little nubs that the original HD backrest has.

They look very functional, but I have to say,,,, and my goofy opinion only,,,those things are fugly. But if they provide what works for ya, looks aint everything. That's what my Babe on Back sez about me too. Have you looked at the extended arm passenger backrest that Corbin makes? That is what I have and my Passenger likes 'em a lot. Dunno if you can see them very well in my avatar photo. They are way better than the little nubs that the original HD backrest has.

OK ~ they ARE "fugly" but consider what I'm working with (look at my pictures on the Galley.) My 'better half' tries to hang on the grab handles on either side of her butt, or hangs onto ME. When she tries to relax on the backrest, the first bump tries to throw her off one side or the other.

As Bill Reber alluded on his post, there's a lot of weight and momentum up high on the trike. If the detachable armrests unexpectedly swing out a couple of times (and she lives to tell the tale) I doubt my wife will want to ride as a passenger again. Ever.

The LOVE HANDLES web side make mention of a design (not theirs) where the arms fold UP. I tried finding that design, but I failed to find it.

I'm looking for folks who've got this, or a similar design.

Last edited:

Yep ~ I found that too. Thank you for your suggestion Lineman Larry. However, it's not for Harley Davidson sissy bars, and Ultimateseats requires 14" height. Mine is 10" from the fender to the top of the crossover bar.

Another solution may be MotorcycleRearArmrest.com. It looks like my wife can slip between the armrests and on to the seat (at least it works on the video ThumbUp) Since her derriere seems to be "unseated" :blush: over bumps, this may be a better idea.

Comments on anyone who ones one (or knows someone else who owns one) would be appreciated. A reminder = I do not own a Tri-Glide, or Tour Pak Luggage.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png