Trike Ramp for Pickup Truck

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with trike ramps for their pickup trucks? I'm looking at the 12' trike ramp sold by Discount Ramps. I would appreciate any good or bad comments, or perhaps another source to look at? Thanks!

Hope you have high pipes. Seems like it would be a scraper going up that steep an angle. Make sure you won't get stuck on pipes going back down also.

Yah! Park the pickup on an incline so the ramps are flatter. Also make sure you can FIT on a pickup! Mine won't!!

I have a set of folding YUKON ramps that are wide enough for a trike and rated at 1500 lbs.,I would use them with my trailer if needed.
I have seen trikes in fullsize pickups however they were using a electric lift system I believe made by Rampage.Don't think most pickup tail gates would be strong enough to hold weight of trike rear end sitting on it.The lift entended out under the trike rear end to support it off the tail gate.

I've got a 3/4 ton Ram with an 8' bed; by my calculations the trike should fit, except for 3" of tailpipe. So, this would force me to run with no tailgate, but I was thinking of using car-hauler style straps on the rear wheels pulling the trike forward, to hold it tight.

Discount Ramps has a calculator to use to determine the length of ramp needed for the truck. A 12' should do it. The site says wood blocks may be needed to help with tailpipe clearance. It's the Big Boy III Trike Ramp System

I plan on pulling the travel trailer behind the pickup/trike combo...long vacations are in the plans...

Ive got the 10' Discount Ramps used with a Dodge RAM 1500 with a 6.5' bed. I ride with the tailgate down and rear wheels on it. I got my ramps before they had a trike set up. I just bought the Bad Boy II set up with an extra left ramp and clips and cut off the lip so I could clip them all together. They are the same 19" wide ramps as the trike set up. I don't have low pipes so no issues. They work fantastic. It's fun to freak people out by riding a 2 wheeler up the middle of 2 ramps into the bed when they don't know they are clipped together. The only issue is storing them in the bed with the trike, got to be creative and strap them down good.

I have a set of folding YUKON ramps that are wide enough for a trike and rated at 1500 lbs.,I would use them with my trailer if needed.

I have seen trikes in fullsize pickups however they were using a electric lift system I believe made by Rampage.Don't think most pickup tail gates would be strong enough to hold weight of trike rear end sitting on it.The lift entended out under the trike rear end to support it off the tail gate.

I checked into the Rampage system, and about fainted from the prices. It's an ideal system, but there's too much Scotsman in me to ante up that many dollars...

Ive got the 10' Discount Ramps used with a Dodge RAM 1500 with a 6.5' bed. I ride with the tailgate down and rear wheels on it. I got my ramps before they had a trike set up. I just bought the Bad Boy II set up with an extra left ramp and clips and cut off the lip so I could clip them all together. They are the same 19" wide ramps as the trike set up. I don't have low pipes so no issues. They work fantastic. It's fun to freak people out by riding a 2 wheeler up the middle of 2 ramps into the bed when they don't know they are clipped together. The only issue is storing them in the bed with the trike, got to be creative and strap them down good.

Thanks, Scotty! Good to know they work so well.

I plan on storing the ramps on the extendable storage rack on the rear of our travel trailer. I didn't think the ramps would fit in the bed with the trike. It's good to know that I have options for their storage.

Thanks, Scotty! Good to know they work so well.

I plan on storing the ramps on the extendable storage rack on the rear of our travel trailer. I didn't think the ramps would fit in the bed with the trike. It's good to know that I have options for their storage.

I actually put all 3 ramps in the bed with the trike. One ramp against the bed wall behind the cab and one on each side of trike between the front ramp and rear wheels. My trike has no body work or rear fenders so it's easy for me.

I don't know how any of you are fitting any trike in a pickup. I can barely carry my dirtbike in bed of Chevy Silverado. My HD TG barely fits on 5' x 10' trailer and my latest trike measures 5'8" x 11'6". Luckily, that one came with a tow bar that hold front wheel in air (keep in mind, VW car rear end in neutral).

I don't know how any of you are fitting any trike in a pickup. I can barely carry my dirtbike in bed of Chevy Silverado. My HD TG barely fits on 5' x 10' trailer and my latest trike measures 5'8" x 11'6". Luckily, that one came with a tow bar that hold front wheel in air (keep in mind, VW car rear end in neutral).

I was a little nervous as to whether the trike would fit in the truck bed (I've always had an 8' bed in my trucks), because the CSC conversion is longer and wider than some of the other conversions. I laid out the trike measurements on the garage floor, then transferred them to the pickup bed. Surprisingly, everything fits well, except for the exhaust tips, which will force me to run the truck either with the tailgate down, or no tailgate. (I don't think I want to tow with the tailgate down because of possible interference on turns.)

I actually put all 3 ramps in the bed with the trike. One ramp against the bed wall behind the cab and one on each side of trike between the front ramp and rear wheels. My trike has no body work or rear fenders so it's easy for me.

Good to know I have alternatives! Thanks again!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png