Whats Your Ultimate Honda Trike?

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Other than what you currently own, what would be your ultimate Honda Trike? By that I mean what bike, conversion brand & model, options, color, etc.

Re: Whats Your Ultimate Honda Trike

I'm very happy with the one I have.
Now if I had to do it all over again, I think I would still stay with a Champion but with the I/S.
The new Motor Trike would be my other choice as I like the new style they just came out with.
For color, my 2 favorite ones are Red or White (must be a Wisconsin Badger thing) ThumbUp

I'd probably go with the newest Wing and that Viper two tone blue and gray. Every bell and whistle I could get.

I'm also very satisfied with my current 05 Wing/Roadsmith. But if I had to go with another Honda, I'd choose a new Wing (2012 or newer) with another Roadsmith or Hannigan conversion.

I would definitely trike a brand new wing w/ air bag. I much prefer the dark red they had in 08, but would settle for the current red Honda color. Having chosen the fully adjustable shock option in my 08, I would include that as well. Completely engaged, the fully adjustable shock replicates the handling characteristics of a solid axle, but with a much smoother ride.

Having carefully researched my choice of kit, I would again go with California Side Car, but my 2nd choice would be Hannigan. I love the wide track and long wheel base of both, but I do did not care for the stabilizer bar configuration of the Hannigan.

08 GL1800 CSC Cobra XL - 113K trouble free miles
Eagle Man

I'd probably go with a Honda 1800 VTX and a Roadsmith HSCR conversion. The color would have to be a deep burgundy with a lotsta safety chrome and led lights. I'll go with the V twin design so as to have more leg room over my wing. Ah yes..... Time to wake up Randy. lol

I do like my '08 Gold Wing with American Trike on it now that I spent lots of time and money getting a serious axle problem corrected. If I had to do it over again, I would still go with the '08 but would definately go with the Roadsmith kit even though it would be more money.

I love the one i got now 2001 gl1800 csc. If I had to pic another one i would go with 2013 Wing with either csc, hannigan,or roadsmith conversion. I really do like the longer conversions better. If money was no object it would have all the bells and whistles.

Other than what you currently own, what would be your ultimate Honda Trike? By that I mean what bike, conversion brand & model, options, color, etc.

Mines going to be happening real soon:D 2012 level 1 GL1800 with a Gen 2 Hannigan kit with the whale tail and trailer hitchpepper. I use a Garmin Zumo 550 with XM radio for keeping me on the right path and when just tooling around town I have an Ipod Nano plugged into the USB port located in the tour-pak. I also have the CB for when I'm traveling with my dad, makes the miles go along nicely when I have someone to chat with.

We really like our 03 gl1800,with an 04 Roadsmith kit. Like others stated I'd have a few more goodies! But we won't be getting one for long time ( I hope),as ours only had 13,484 miles on it when we got it, so it should out last me! And if I did get another one it'll be a Roadsmith, unless something better comes along then. pepper

If it had to be a Honda.
Mine would be a 1800 VTX with who ever can make me one with reverse.
Which as far as I know is ATI.
American Trike
They are why I had bought the Valkyrie originally, but couldn't get a builder here in my part of the world to do it.
The GW was a pure afterthought.

Edit: Looked at MTs web sight guys.
They now offer electric reverse in a lot of models............

Last edited:
I'm not in the market for another Trike, But i happened to see an advertisement for Motor Trikes Razor [gold wing] on page 31 of Octobers Rider magazine, And if the picture isn't a artiest deception i might just bite. :Shrug:

I've owned four trikes, three Hondas and one HD TG
First one a Champion, two CSC kits. An 07 CSC now.
As for Honda, they really don't fit me very well, foot position kills me, but if I did a Honda trike, I'd go with another CsC kit with a Eurowing front end...
But I'd like to trike my 2013 Hot White Pearl Ultra Classic with the CSC Daytona kit and. 120 motor with a Champion reverse kit...With every available option...
When the time comes again...oh, the Honda in the garage is the wife's trike...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png