Aluma trike trailer

I think the Aluma trailer is one of the best on the market. They are light weight, and handle a large payload. It is a bit high on the price, but worth every dime if you get enough use out of it. For me I'm lucky if I use my 6.5' x 12' trailer two times a year so it doesn't pay for me.
pepper

I have a TK1 trailer and really like it. One thing you may want to know, the ramp pulls completely out, then you hook it over a lip on the back. You don't just slide it out and drive up on it. It is not difficult to use, I just didn't expect it to work like it does. I am afraid someone might steal the ramp at a motel so I bought a couple 30 ft 3/8 coated cables at Lowes then loop 1 through the wheels, crisscross it underneath the trailer, then bring it up over the back and padlock the loops to the back tie downs. It would be next to impossible to remove the ramp with the cable attached and that also kinda locks the wheels. I have a Goldwing Motor Trike and the trailer hitch would tend to drag at times when unloading but that is remedied by placing a couple short 2x6's at the end of the ramp or remove the receiver arm and ball. I don't use the trailer hitch so I just pulled the hitch out of the receiver and nothing scrapes while loading or unloading. It is light and easy to move around. I pull it around and down the alley by hand and store it in the back yard. It is easy to move but it would be even easier if the wheel on the jack was rubber instead of hard ABS plastic.

One of these days I may look for a rubber wheel at Harbor Freight. I didn't use the wheel chock that came with the trailer, I bought one at Harbor Freight that works like the Condor. I strap the trike wheels, not the trike frame or forks, to the wheel chock and the tie downs on the back. That way the trike suspension is free to absorb shock from bumps and dips in the road. I installed more LED lights on the fenders and moved the license plate to the fender. The plastic license plate holder was gone before I got it home from the dealer, but it was about 800 miles home. I have pulled it at more than 85 before just to see how well it pulled but I pull it at 65 max, anything more than that destroys my gas mileage in the truck. Without the trailer I can get about 19 mpg at 70 mph, but with the trailer and trike I get about 15 to 16 if I keep it around 65. I have taken it on 4 trips for a total of about 4500 miles and have not had any trouble with it. It pulls straight and I can still lift the tongue by hand but it is heavy when loaded. I would not hesitate to buy one again.

I have an Aluma MC 10 which is a single bike trailer. As stated before the ramp isn't what I expected but it is a great trailer. 320 total lbs. My Suzuki Lehman c90 fits on it like a glove. I've pulled it about 4000 miles without a problem. The pin to hold the ramp in is secured by a lynch pin and once it is in I turn the pin around so that when going down the highway if something would catch on it, it wouldn't be pulled out but pushed on further.

Running late. But I also have a TK1. It is a great trailer. The ramp will stay in it's groove and lock with the side pins if you are careful pulling it out. I also was worried about stealing the ramp, drilled a hole in the end of it and through the bottom framework of the trailer and put a pad lock on it. works great. Only weight 520 lbs but is good for 2000 lbs load. Would not trade it.

I agree I have the TK1 and would never trade it. It was the best investment. I have pulled my Tri-Glide all over with it. Great product.

Brian, I think Bruce and Deb's trailer was one. They were at the rally with us, in Vermont. Did you see it?

Rosy

Hi Rosy,
Just read your reply. I talked with Bruce and if I remember right his was an "America's best trailers" or something like that. The TK1 is for towing the trike. I was considering it for taking the trike on vacations with me but after my truck box got broken into this summer while on vacation, I'm having second thoughts about bringing anything of value anywhere.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png