Engine - Turbo or Blower???

Reaction score
Ok would like some general opinions from the vast knowledge base we have here as to what might give me more power for those pesky hills but not make me fuel up every 50 miles . Also I pull a tent trailer sometimes.
So which would give better results Engine build - Turbo - Blower??

Ok would like some general opinions from the vast knowledge base we have here as to what might give me more power for those pesky hills but not make me fuel up every 50 miles . Also I pull a tent trailer sometimes.
So which would give better results Engine build - Turbo - Blower??

Both will get the job done, the turbo will have a little lag due to it needing to spool up. The blower will be instantaneous. The biggest thing is you need to make sure the rest of the build will handle the amount of boots and power you intend on making. A stock Harley bottom end and cast pistons will not take much abuse before Mr piston decides to exit Mr cylinder. As you might guess I would rather be blownpepper.

grandbend05.jpg

The price for the what you get from either along with the engine build will be expensive. A Turbo or Supercharger require higher rpms to reap the true reward you would see from a setup bolted onto your engine.

For the cost associated with all the plumbing and add on hardware needed, I would advise you to either build a 117" or buy a S&S low compression 124" crate engine. Either large bore engine will give all the power needed for a trike and give you less to worry about over the turbo or supercharger

I have a custom built low compression 124" in my trike and Im getting 33mpg with combination riding of stop n go and highway.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png