Service Bulletin Rear Brake Rotors

Keep in mind that bulletin was amended end of June. Look for my post under "Brake Noise..." on Sept. 6th where I posted a copy. On a quick glance, the difference looks to be about who is covered. They just added an "A" to the end of number.

Just saw where you did post this. Never hurts to keep the info flowing I guess. I recently changed my pads to the Lyndall Golds and solved all my problems. So it looks like with no noise, this doesn't apply to me. Still glad I went with the Golds.

My Golds are on the way. Already have Z's on the front. My dealer will simply swap out my rotors by handing me the new style. I'll put them on. He knows how anal a Wizard can be.

:D:D

Last Weds. my dealer changed rotors to the new compound and installed the Lyndall gold pads. All I was charged was the difference in price of the pads. Very happy with the results.

Wiz, In the bulletin it says for the tech to check for "off brake" noise. I'm assuming this means getting a noise from rear brakes without them being applied. Mine squeaks only when applied. Think they'll cover it under warranty? Willie

Sorry for the answer that I'm about to give but here goes.

It will depend on your dealer. Some will, some will argue.

Best thing to do is go ask them.

I do not doubt anyone having brake problems on their TG. But I'm not going to let a dealership touch my brakes!

My 2011 has close to 50K miles on it and I am on the original pads and they still have about 50% of the material left.

They function fine. I practice emergency stops regularly.

I can also lock up the front or rear brakes easily.

Not sure what is different...but I had heard they wear quickly, so I have had some Lyndal pads for over 1.5 years now...just stitting on the shelf, waiting for when they are needed.

Yes, some/most dealerships are questionable at best. At $90/95 an hour they should be customer friendly and know what the hell they are doing. Got into one of those contests on the gl forum with some dude about that very subject. Finally put him on 'ignore'.....Go figure.

Printed out the service bulletin went to dealer They weren't aware of the bulletin .New updated rotors and pads were installed got home pulling into garage brakes still squealed .Like someone on here said its a HOG and Hogs squeal You would think They could de-squeal a $30,000plus Hog. Does INDIAN make a Trike? A drum beat has to sound better.

Printed out the service bulletin went to dealer They weren't aware of the bulletin .New updated rotors and pads were installed got home pulling into garage brakes still squealed .Like someone on here said its a HOG and Hogs squeal You would think They could de-squeal a $30,000plus Hog. Does INDIAN make a Trike? A drum beat has to sound better.

Not yet for Indian. But everyone should keep quizzing them about it. Maybe they will get the Idea!:10:

I just had my trike serviced. The dealer said they would fix my brakes and they would be cover under the service bulletin. Then they called HD to get approval, HD refused to cover them. They said brakes are a wear item and not covered under the extended warranty. The dealer made a few calls and the final answer was "Not Covered". They said if my trike was less then two years old and on the original Harley warranty they would be covered. My pads were almost worn out so had them do the work anyhow. The new rotors are different material than the original and the pads look like they have more lining on them. At least they don't squeak like crazy anymore.

Last edited:
I had no problem as mine was still under original warranty. when they were first replaced the new ones still squealed after a few more miles the squeal is gone for now. I also had the front rotors replaced under warranty as both were warped but they reused my front pads guess they aren't covered under warranty but new pads for the rear were covered??

I had no problem as mine was still under original warranty. when they were first replaced the new ones still squealed after a few more miles the squeal is gone for now. I also had the front rotors replaced under warranty as both were warped but they reused my front pads guess they aren't covered under warranty but new pads for the rear were covered??

Had both front rotors replaced under warranty. When applying the front brakes bike shook and vibrated like crazy. I paid for new pads as they would not replace them and were going to put them on the new rotors.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png