Brake Dust

Dean H

Oct 30, 2010
Tampa, FL
Is anyone else experiencing excessive brake dust on the front wheel? I need to clean my wheel every few days, if I'm riding allot, in order to keep the chrome nice and shiny. For those of us that have replaced pads on the front already, have you noticed any change? I haven't, but curious if certain manufactures of pads are "cleaner" than others.

I'm looking to get a chrome front wheel, thought I would be easier to clean. Is the brake dust a problem? Or, more or less of a problem than the aluminum wheel? Chrome really dresses it out.....

GL 1800 Hannigan:
Haven't really noticed break dust on the front chrome rim, but my rear chrome rims will discolored with long stop and go riding. I use a mag wheel cleaner and wash the dust away. I use it on the front and rear wheels.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

PAM is to be used in a frying pan and not on car or motorcycle parts !!!! All the road dirt/dust will stick to the PAM and now you get a bigger mess. They used to tell you to spray the front of the cars here in Florida for the love-bug season until they found out that the PAM did more damage to the paint than the bugs did. Have fun is you use it !!!

Tomg

Something else that works real good is Eagle One Aluminum wheel cleaner that I use and it also helps keep the rim from building up dust.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png