Black GPS screen

Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? The other night came home in the dark GPS screen turned to black (normal) next day it was over cast with some sun but the screen stayed black all day. Today same thing I shut off the radio turned it back on nothing. Sunny day riding for about 45 minutes stopped at a light before the light changed screen came off night screen. Has been normal screen since.
Also twice now the left joy stick had not worked. Once after stopping to get the wife a scarf started it, no volume control for the radio. Shutting off the radio did not help had to shut the tike off restart it and all was fine.
Today could not get home screen from with the joy stick had to shut the tike off and restart to get it to work.
Not complaining just wondering if it is something other people have experienced?

which GPS?
have you updated the recent software updates? if you have the 2014 model?

Have you checked on the settings on proper time zone, this will effect when it goes to night mode. Just a thought.

imskier2 that was it was on GPS time not user time.

Also think found why the left joystick would not go to home it was in the Classic Mode which causes that to happen. Have no idea how that happened but no one to blame but myself. Goes to show you the radio is much smarter than I am!

Thank you everyone that helped straightened out what I screwed up and help me realize how slow I am at learning new things.

"yes it is a 2014 and it has the update. "

It's new. Take it back to the dealer and have them figure it out. It's under warranty. But being a complete new system for the 14's I can't say how much the dealer may know about it yet. But that's where I'd start with it.
It's on them to make it all work right and yours sounds to me like it's not right.
Dan

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png