WHO built this trailer?

eagle1

May 8, 2011
peru,in,usa
we need a good how-to schematic on this trailer.
so others can duplicate it thanks lb

Attachments

• car dolly trailer.jpg
    car dolly trailer.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 328
Let me see if I can answer your questions to this, grin.

The trailer is 15" long, 7 feet wide [inside fenders] 6 inches off the ground, ramps under the rear of trailer, tongue weight loaded with a VW trike was at the time, 200 lbs. and pulled and handled like a dream, at times I had to look in the rear view mirror to make sure it was still there.

The wheels and tires were 15 inch. No springs on the axle, the axle were the torsion ones. Also had the straps that went over the tires to floor to secure it.

If I were to build another[which I will this winter] I would make a Dove tail in the rear[ease of loading and off loading] Put an electric winch on front [for dead trikes], Put a curtain in front and down the ides to protect trike n bad weather and to put a LOGO on it. And maybe put a small storage box on the front for straps and whatever.

If you would like one built for you I can do so, that trailer cost me from start to finish $1000.00 maybe around $1400.00 in todays prices.

Have a great one.

Will try to remember to do that for you, heck we could get together and build you one similar to it, not really that hard to do,
Might be awhile before I build another.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png