What kit for Valkyrie

I had a 97 Valkyrie with an older MotorTrike conversion. Although I never had any issues with that trike or the MotorTrike unit, if I had a Valkyrie now, I'd definitely go with the Roadsmith!

I ride a Hannigan Gen 1 on mine. But I will suggest this.....

Research....Research....RESEARCH....

Go with the kit that best suits YOUR needs.

I like my Hannigan and would recommend that kit to anyone. But my needs, uses and riding abilities might be far different than yours.

I triked a '99 Valk I/S using a kit from TriWing Industries out of Canada. I eventually put over 60K miles on the conversion before replacing it with a GoldWing trike. One of the main reasons I chose them is that they would supply a 2.73:1 gear ratio, whereas all the others would not make any adjustments. (the Lehman kit on my Goldwing has 3.18:1) A Valkyrie does not need those kind of gears. It has PLENTY of low end with stock or taller gears. Kit comes without tires & wheels, so you get to supply your own. Again, this allows some flexibility in the overall gearing of the unit. I wound up running about 300 RPM slower than stock in 5th gear, hence somewhat better MPG than most Valk trikes, with no hill climbing issues. The kit was easy enough to install & the fiberglass was first rate. The instruction manual was adequate for some one with above average mechanical skills. However, the pinion nut on the diff was not properly torqued from the mfgr & it backed off & wrecked the rear end. After they sent me a new rear end all was well. They only warranty parts for one year. It is strictly DIY they have no dealers. If I were to do it again, I would look at some other options, but would not rule TriWing out either. FWIW, Stan

if you dont wanna go too fancy this is around 5500 irs electric lean to compensate the crown in the road

Attachments

• rf 110.jpg
    rf 110.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 130
  • right110.jpg
    right110.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 120

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png