Why Harley or Why Honda

:Shrug:# 2 Reason to get a harley dAVIDSON?

ThumbUp MY 1989 HARLEY DAVIDSON TOUR GLIDE HAS NEVER LEFT ME WALKING IN THE 24 YEARS I HAVE OWNED IT!! (not even once!)

pepperpepper#1 Reason to get a Harley Davidson?
IT GETS MY NUT!:Coffee:

:Shrug:# 2 Reason to get a harley dAVIDSON?

ThumbUp MY 1989 HARLEY DAVIDSON TOUR GLIDE HAS NEVER LEFT ME WALKING IN THE 24 YEARS I HAVE OWNED IT!! (not even once!)

pepperpepper#1 Reason to get a Harley Davidson?
IT GETS MY NUT!:Coffee:

I think the key thought here is it is a 1989. I really and truly believe the HD motor cycles started going south in the 2007 MY. I have owned several HD's and up until 2009 I really didn't have any problems with any of them. In all the years I owned Harleys I was never stranded until I was headed out West and my TG broke down and stranded me for 3 days. I didn't walk, just sat in a motel and waited for the dealer to open up.

Funny how many Honda supporters hang out on a Harley board. We have 2 friends we ride with, both on Gold Wings. A 1500 and 1800. Both the 'Wings are faster, quieter, and every bit as reliable as our Harleys.

Wonder why all they wear is Harley clothes??? Both have Harley tattoos.

I am thankful this forum is a "TRIKE" forum & not just Harley. Everyone profits from everyone's experience !
There isn't any two people out there that has the exact feeling while they drive their motor. I know many people that love the looks of the Harley, but won't own one. I really appreciate the running gear & engine of the BMW but I don't own one..... I like the GW's in many ways. I even have an older one with around 138,000mi. Just traded my HD Heritage on this Tri glide. It only had 49,000mi in 2.5yrs.
Bottom line...... Make any motorcycle you happen to like your own, & not what someone else thinks it should run or look like !! You are going to like it much more !
Ride Safe
Ride Often !!

Funny how many Honda supporters hang out on a Harley board. We have 2 friends we ride with, both on Gold Wings. A 1500 and 1800. Both the 'Wings are faster, quieter, and every bit as reliable as our Harleys.

Wonder why all they wear is Harley clothes??? Both have Harley tattoos.

Excuse me, folks, I thought this was a TRIKE board. Didn't realize it was a Harley exclusive site.
Guess I better quit.

Excuse me, folks, I thought this was a TRIKE board. Didn't realize it was a Harley exclusive site.
Guess I better quit.

I have a Yamaha, they don't have any mechanical problems, so you don't se any posts about them.
Is going to trike a Honda Valkyrie, they are problems free too so no posts about them.

lol

Guess I better quit.
No need to get all hurt about a little ribbing is there?

Friends always do that with each other. I usually carry a small bag of rice in my motorcycle jacket pocket for those who give me a ribbing and let them know i have extra fuel in case they run out.
I have walked out to my bike and found a rubber pigs nose on my mirror.
I still wear it now and again, just for fun.

Most of my life i have had at least one harley in the garage. The times i didn't, every time one went by me i died just a little bit and had to turn my head and see what it was.

When a Honda went by I looked and passed it over, I have always liked the Kawasaki Vulcan because of it's similarity to a Harley!

When i pull in someplace where bikes are present the first ones i go look at are Harley's, followed by the others at hand.
When i pull into a place where trikes are present i am drawn to the Harley's first, followed by the others at hand, Mostly because i am interested in all trikes.

So ask yourself when you pull into a place where bikes are, Which ones attract your attention right off the bat? Which ones do you watch go by?
The answer should let you know what you want and the rest is immaterial!
I wouldn't kick a gold wing out of the Garage, They are too good a machine, They just don't hit me where i live.

It's because they really wanted a Harley, :gah::gah:.

For some this is a true statement, for others it isn't. Now its cheaper to buy a Harley triglide than it is to buy and trike most other brands so Harley is making some serious hay while the sun is shining because folks are snapping up the Triglides due to the factory support, warranty and lower cost.

I think for a lot of people they associate the Harley name with America or USA even though alot of the parts are made elsewhere. I love BMW do I own one no. I love tinkering with things got to say Harley makes so you can tinker would not trade my tri-glide for anything.

All I know on the subject is, every Honda dealership I ride my Harley by has a service department. Somehow I don't picture somebody in ther waiting to work on them like the Maytag repairman. :)

I have read a lot of this thread with interest. To me, it comes down to this....if you have to ask this question, you'd be better served with a Honda. If you were a Harley guy, you'd not be asking.

Almost a year ago to the day I had saved enough to get the bike of my dreams - a Gold wing Trike. I wasn't looking for a new one per se maybe a 'gently used one'. I had made an offer on one from a local gent and I had gone to the bank to get the cash to back up my offer. When I went to possibly purchase the trike they felt the offer wasn't good enough. At the time I was totally unaware of the Harley-made Trikes. The following morning my wife sent me emails at work as she was looking on Craigslist. I found my 2010 Street Glide Trike about an hour from home and she accepted the same offer that I had given for the 'Wing. I'm not disappointed in the least ! We made our reservations last night in Spearfish, SD for Sturgis next year....That'll be a GOOD time!
Oh by the way, the last I heard the 'Wing' had not been sold. In fact they called me back in the spring to see if I was still interested... I said "No, sorry. The next morning after you rejected my offer, I bought a Harley Trike for the same money that I offered you and it's 3 years newer and has 10K miles less than your "Wing". I thought their price was high but to each his own.

Last edited:
Guess I better quit.

You are correct. It is a TRIKE board. Don't let these guys who never want Honda mentioned on this site run you off. It is designed to share knowledge and experiences, regardless of what we ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png