Leaks on radiator

Sep 23, 2013
Pensacola FL,USA
I was changing my coolant today and drained the coolant from the radiator. Everything went smoothly until I refilled the radiator. Then I saw 2 drips coming down the left side of the radiator. I think it is coming from the upper connection on the radiator. Anyone had this issue before? Where was the leak and how was it fixed.

I am taking my trike to a dealer and seeing if he can see better at where it is leaking. It doesn't leak all the way down because I still have coolant in the reservior tank. Just not very much. These drips started yesterday. I drove the trike back to Florida from Sheveport LA this past Friday and had no leaks at all. I even went for a ride on Saturday and no drips then either. Started for a ride on Sunday and that is when I started having an overheating issue.

Any reason that the transmission light should be on, on the dash?

Thanks in advance

open the access cap in the trunk and check the small return line at the radiator cap. I know several who had to cut off about 1/2 inch and reconnect the line and it stopped the drip.

tomg

I took the trike to the Stallion dealer today and what he found was a crimp in one of the inlets going into the radiator. That is what was causing the leak. TBMS is replacing the radiator.

Whew!

Mine has had the identical drip drip drip leak from the left side since day one. Ours is #805 and noticed the overflow tank getting low multiple times. Finally found the drip once I was crawled under the rear. My deal says he will fix - but he's almost 100 miles away. Will let you know if it's simple (crimp) or more serious).

Ray

Hi Backdraft- I see we're both in Emergency Service, (me, ret.cop now). I'm NEW to this trike stuff and just purchased a low mileage, 08' Stallion Trike that arrived yesterday. Noticed that there was no fluid in coolant reservoir, but no warning /overheat issues since I merely drove it into garage and understand the fellow "Boomer" who owned it took great care, so hoping this is a benign anomaly. I'll of course fill the canister, but to check the radiator and connections, can you guide me through the "access radiator" process so I can check for possible leaks/hose issues? IF you are so inclined, would appreciate a chat since the owner's manual leaves much to be desired. I'm at: 518-761-6735 and/or- waiview@roadrunner.com ANY offers of assistance here is appreciated. Just sold the new Harley Switchback since wife no longer feels comfortable on two wheels and the Stallion fit the bill.. Familiar story for sure.. Thanks for the assist, Larry.

Good morning Larryxcop,
I am a retired Firefighter from the Orlando FL area. As far as the radiator goes, check to make sure you don't have any leaks near the radiator in the back of the trike. They will be easy to see because there will be coolant on the ground. To check the radiator fill, it is in the trunk under the carpet on the left side. Mine has a black cap over it and TBMS staff had used silicone adhesive to keep it closed. Which is NOT necessary. If yours has that adhesive on it, carefully pry the adhesive off the cap so that you can turn it and get it off. The radiator cap in under that black plastic cap. Adding the coolant reservior is real easy in the engine compartment. Just top it off to the middle seam of that tank. You will be good to go. You can get the proper coolant from Carquest or O'reilly's auto parts store. It is made by Zerek / Gold colored coolant. About $18 per gallon and you do have to mix with distilled water. 50/50 mix.
Another good idea is to put a switch onto the wire that leads to the fan for the radiator. In the event the fan does not come on, for cooling. A manual switch is a very good idea, if stuck in traffic on a very hot day.
Check with this board often for many updates and great information from other Stallion Owners. This place is a wealth of good information.

If you like you can contact me at trikeman5328@gmail.com

Ride Safe and enjoy your new Stallion Trike!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png