voyager

Oct 13, 2013
Washingtonville
Hey All; Now I'm really confused I just saw a ultra classic with a voyager "trike kit" VERY reasonably priced. My question is is this a trike or a bike with training wheels? and what does it handle like? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Not an expert but I have talked to very few people that were satisfied with them.Their best quality seems to be they are cheap.Something you have to decide yourself I guess.RIDE SAFE

I had a tow-pac kit(like a Voyager) on my harley sportster. just like any other trike,but you just have to muscle it in curves. takes a lot of upper body strength to steer. but at least you`ll be riding. If you can get a good deal on it by all means get it and ride. Eventually you`ll want to graduate up to a real trike. oh by the way don`t worry about the wheel on the side your turning to kicking up several inches when you turn. that`s just the nature of the beast. it`ll go wherever you point it, just takes more muscle.

As others have mentioned, I never rode one but I do one one fella that does have a voyager. Well, lets just say that it leaves much to be desired in his opinion. He wanted a regular trike conversion or Tri-Glide, but finances forced him to go for a Voyager. As he said, better a Voyager then no trike at all.

Hey All; Now I'm really confused I just saw a ultra classic with a voyager "trike kit" VERY reasonably priced. My question is is this a trike or a bike with training wheels? and what does it handle like? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Yes, it's a "regular" 2 wheeler with 2 more "outrigger" wheels. Some folks seem to find them acceptable, but I have never figured out how 4 wheels equals "trike". :Shrug: Maybe it's "reasonably priced" because nobody wants it? :Shrug:

We had a member of our chapter that had a kit on their bike. They wanted to try it out before going to a trike. On some driveways and inclines they would get stuck. Side wheels would some how manage to keep the rear wheel off the ground just enough that it would not move. This only happened once in a while but we would have to push them to get them going again.

While I have several true trikes, I also have a Harley Sport Glide with a Voyager kit installed. I respect all the other opinions, but I find very little to complain about it. It rides and drives very closely like my Harley MotorTrike. The HD touring models drop the front end rake to 28 degrees, so it is easier to steer than a similar kit installed on a Sportster. The real key is to make sure it is setup correctly.

Not a true trike, but a reasonable substitute at a fourth of the price of a trike conversion Harley.

My opinion only - guaranteed or your money back.ThumbUp

Have a friend with a Voyager conversion on his Kawi. Ron has no trouble keeping up with us in turns or straights. I think he bought the conversion second hand for around 3 grand with fenders and rear skirt. He says the same thing that wife and I say, too old for 2 wheels, but too young for a rocking chair. Best wishes with whatever 'road' you take, just stay out there!

We have a member of our club put a voyager on his Ultra Limited. He had it for about a month and traded his Limited for a Triglide. He did not like it at all. He got stuck with drive wheel and also had braking problems.

We have a member of our club put a voyager on his Ultra Limited. He had it for about a month and traded his Limited for a Triglide. He did not like it at all. He got stuck with drive wheel and also had braking problems.

Also I've heard that with not all the bikes weight on the rear tire, this causes rear tires to get eaten up quickly. Three for me!:Trike1:

IMHO, they are ugly with the fenders sticking out and a space between the bike. They are not true trikes since the middle wheel does all the driving.

We looked at them. Rode one that a friend has. They have theirs adjusted so there is a bit of lean to it...so that is nice. But we got stuck in a driveway, and also we could feel the feedback from the extra two wheels on the road.

If there were my only choice to stay in the wind I would not hesitate.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png