New Champion

roadking2

Oct 8, 2013
North Lawrence, Ohio
After 49 years on Harleys, and only 2 wheels, I finally made up my mind that 3 wheels was the way for me to go. I'm getting a Champion with IRS and reverse for my Roadking. I also went for the raked tree. What I'd really like to know from you guys is this. Can anyone give me some guidance on where I might find a rear bumper for it? I'd prefer something that attaches to the frame and not the body. Ideally, a nice plain simple tube type bumper would do it. I don't have to have lights or anything else, but I thought a nice simple bumper would dress up the rear end as well as offer some protection for the body. If I need to fab one up, and then get it chromed myself OK, but I'd really like some suggestions if there is anything at all already available. If anyone wants to give me their impressions of the Champion trike kit, I'll be more than happy to hear that to. Thanks.

I can't help you with your question, but welcome! :wave4:

Got any photos of your trike that you can share? ThumbUp

At this point, it's still a Roadking. When it's done, I'll post some pics. The kit is supposed to take about 4 weeks to arrive, so it will be a while. I just put in my order on Tuesday. I've been kicking this around for months, and I finally made the leap. I looked at Champion, CSC, Roadsmith, and Lehman before finally picking the Champion. One of the hardest bike related decisions I've ever made.

I had a straight axle Champion on my 07 Road King. Had it for 4 years and 50k miles before I sold it and went to a Tri-Glide. GREAT CONVERSION. No complaints. Sorry no bumper help.

traior and trike.jpg

:Coffee: My champion straight axle kit had mounting holes under the trunk on the frame that made it easy to get out my welder and adapt my trailor hitch.

To my knowledge no one is offering a bumper to specifically fit my champion.
:xzqxz:

What the heck, thats half the fun of building a trike.

I had to make my own parts to utilize the anti dive system on my front end also,
Yours won't have an anti dive but you will have to adapt your air assist front end to your triple tree.
Make sure they send you the air fittings. otherwise it isn't all that hard to do it yourself.
I thought their fittings a bit mickey mouse myself so i made my own with fitting from the hardware store.

:gah: I know trike builders that eliminate air assist and that grabs a gripe from me.

View attachment 15894

:Coffee: My champion straight axle kit had mounting holes under the trunk on the frame that made it easy to get out my welder and adapt my trailor hitch.

To my knowledge no one is offering a bumper to specifically fit my champion.
:xzqxz:

What the heck, thats half the fun of building a trike.

I had to make my own parts to utilize the anti dive system on my front end also,
Yours won't have an anti dive but you will have to adapt your air assist front end to your triple tree.
Make sure they send you the air fittings. otherwise it isn't all that hard to do it yourself.
I thought their fittings a bit mickey mouse myself so i made my own with fitting from the hardware store.

:gah: I know trike builders that eliminate air assist and that grabs a gripe from me.

Thanks for the tips. I'm having no luck on the bumper. It looks like I'll have to fab one up. The only thing I've found was the bumper offered by Champion, and one made by a local dealer that's basically a clone of the Champion bumper only a little cheaper. He offers it in a long version thats just like the Champion and a short version that only extends just past the trunk opening. Both have built in LEDs just like the Champion. It's a very well built product, but not what I want. I'd really like one similar to the Triglide bumper.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png