Stage One

What all does Stage one consist of?View attachment 15895

Stage one is just the installation of a freer breathing air cleaner, such as the Screamin Eagle stage 1 air cleaner. Some dealers tell the customer they need to add exhaust also, this is just an up sell on their part. The air cleaner and the Harley supplied download are all a Stage 1 consist of.

Had stage 2 upgrade with se 255 cams I know a lot of people don't like the 255s but my experience so far has been great no heat and plenty of power while riding i'm not afraid to pass a truck anymore love the upgrade.vance and heinz true duel headers SE air cleaner, Klock Werks 4in mufflers dynode
at 76 hp and 104 tk this set up was done by dealer because I would have no idea of the tuning process keep on riding

Had stage 2 upgrade with se 255 cams I know a lot of people don't like the 255s but my experience so far has been great no heat and plenty of power while riding i'm not afraid to pass a truck anymore love the upgrade.vance and heinz true duel headers SE air cleaner, Klock Werks 4in mufflers dynode
at 76 hp and 104 tk this set up was done by dealer because I would have no idea of the tuning process keep on riding

The SE255 cams are pretty decent, they do bite pretty good on the bottom, which can be a lot of fun. IMO they just run out of steam too soon for my taste. When I was running them in the 2010 Triglide I had I was passing a couple cars and just a tick past 4,100 rpm it pretty much stopped pulling. From what others have been experiencing with the SE254 it sounds like it bites almost as early as the 255 except it doesn't run out of breath as soon.

l went with the S&S 557 cam. Good power all the way to 5000. Bolt in Cam. Straight True duals w/V&H exhaust for Trikes and TTS tuner and then Dynoed.

Stage 1: Exhaust,Air clnr (bigger Intake),Cat removal, Tuner
Stage 2: All of the above and a CAM and then Dynoed

What HP will the dyno usualy show the engine have. ????

My Honda Valkyrie Interstate has HP 105, 100 TQ out ot of the box. Which was in 1999. Redline at 6500.

saab9k, is that rear wheel HP/TQ or at the crank?? If it is Honda advertised HP/TQ, it will have about 15% lose to the rear wheel. Factory advertised HP/TQ is generally at the crank to make the numbers sound better. :xzqxz:

Roger

assuming you get the stage 1 done at the dealer is it really worth what they charge for it or if your going to go for it should you just have stage 1 and 2 done at the same time?

If you plan on doing cams down the road then it isn't worth piece mealing the build, especially if your talking dyno time or tuning time for both the Stage 1 or 2.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png