Check out these spark plugs

Ok to all you mechanics.
I changed my spark plugs today... well at least one side, I will get to the other side tommorrow
It looks like I got to them none too soon.
Thes plugs have 21,000 miles on them.
Do these look ok to you, or do I have mechanical repairs in my future?
plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

Ok to all you mechanics.
I changed my spark plugs today... well at least one side, I will get to the other side tommorrow
It looks like I got to them none too soon.
Thes plugs have 21,000 miles on them.
Do these look ok to you, or do I have mechanical repairs in my future?
plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

From the pics nothing stands out as a problem. It might not hurt to run the engine at 4000 to 4500 rpm for about a mile to blow the soot out.

Since the plugs are already out, you might as well put new ones in.

Looked like mine when I took them out after 50k.Should of cleaned them and see how long they would really go.Wasn't having any problems but was checking my valve shims and just replaced them while I had things apart...John

Attachments

• 8220.jpg
    8220.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 69
Those look very good considering the "cheap" <not price> gasoline out there now. I run a little fuel injector/carb cleaner in mine abot every 3-4 tanks. Can't hurt... Your electrode tips still look pretty square, no deposit build-up. Just a little soot. That baby's running fine...:D

Look good You may have idled the bike too long before shut down. Proper way is ride the bike / car until hot drive into the drive way and shut it down quickly.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back