Tire pressue check cold or hot??

El Lobo

30+ Posts
Hello Gents

So yesterday i went out on a ride on my 2019 Tri-Glide. I checked the air pressure on the tires before leaving. and aired rear tires to 24 LBS / Front Tire ( American Elite Rear tire reversed) 40 LBS. After about a 20 mile ride I rechecked the tire pressure, the front pressure was 46 LBS / rear tire were at 26LBS. So my question is 46 LBS two much air pressure for the front? Thanks for your input.

El Lobo

Hello Gents

So yesterday i went out on a ride on my 2019 Tri-Glide. I checked the air pressure on the tires before leaving. and aired rear tires to 24 LBS / Front Tire ( American Elite Rear tire reversed) 40 LBS. After about a 20 mile ride I rechecked the tire pressure, the front pressure was 46 LBS / rear tire were at 26LBS. So my question is 46 LBS two much air pressure for the front? Thanks for your input.

El Lobo

Tire air pressure;..101…..Always check When Cold…. The recommended tire pressure for the Triglides front tire is 36 pounds in the front tire cold!…

A good rule of thumb is that your tire pressure should increase "about" 10% after they warm up from riding (or driving anything). Lots of variables though. Your "cold" tires could have been checked in a cool garage and then take the bike outside into New Mexico heat and ride on the hot roads..... Or your gage may not be the most accurate and not produce good readings from one time to the next. I think T.P. reading should be checked and tracked a few times so you know you are getting consistent results. Once you know how your tires react to pressures when riding, you can confidently inflate to a good known pressure when cold and not worry. Motorcycle tires, especially rear tires, are very stout. I wouldn't worry about 46 PSI.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png