Triking a Road Star

Roadie

Oct 27, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
Does anybody know of any trike conversion kits for the Road Star other than the Champion kit? Would love to use the Frankenstein kit if it wasn't just for Harleys.

When I decided to go into a trike I looked first at triking either my Road Star or Royal Star Venture. Well after all was said and done I bought an 06 GL 1800 with a new Roadsmith conversion.
The only conversion kit I could find for the R* was Champion and I really didn't care for it, no particular reason I just was looking for something different that what Champion had to offer.
I decided not to trike the RSV just because I wanted to keep it in one piece and leave it as it was. I later sold it but I still have the R*.

When I decided to go into a trike I looked first at triking either my Road Star or Royal Star Venture. Well after all was said and done I bought an 06 GL 1800 with a new Roadsmith conversion.
The only conversion kit I could find for the R* was Champion and I really didn't care for it, no particular reason I just was looking for something different that what Champion had to offer.
I decided not to trike the RSV just because I wanted to keep it in one piece and leave it as it was. I later sold it but I still have the R*.

I understand that, is triking a Honda Valkyrie, Like my Road Star 1700, will sell it later. Has a champion kit on it.

I just love my straight axle champion! Copy of new trike 0.5.jpg
I admit I'm prejudiced but i think the champion is the best looking kit on the market.
I like lehman also but they didn't make one for my 24 yr. old Harley.
Champion and Lehman has an offer on the table for $1000.00 off the purchase price, I wish they had it when i did mine!
It came with every thing needed to do the conversion and was simple and straight forward.
I did every step of the conversion myself. from the front end to the rear and loved doing it!
I didn't have to buy parts piecemeal which just increases the frustration level.
If your bike doesn't have air shocks on the rear already i would suggest investing in them as part of the conversion plan?

I think the star would be a great trike and would like to convert one myself! I bet you will love it!

I have looked at them and was wondering what the natural rake might be?
If someone who knows would educate me about if needs a rake kit?

Yo Sarg. I have a Roadstar 1700 with a champion kit on it, and I love it. I have 41k miles over all and about 13k miles as a trike. Best thing I ever did...and yes rake it, in accordance with Champion specs...549539_458499050838715_2048300603_n.jpgIMAG0610.jpgIMAG0614.jpgIMAG0613.jpgIMAG0602 - Copy.jpg

Yo Sarg. I have a Roadstar 1700 with a champion kit on it, and I love it. I have 41k miles over all and about 13k miles as a trike. Best thing I ever did...and yes rake it, in accordance with Champion specs...View attachment 16056View attachment 16057View attachment 16058View attachment 16059View attachment 16060

I have a Roadstar 1700 Trike from Champion and I like the passenger seat back rest and extra storage. where did you find it? I would like to do the same for my trike.

Hi Bob, I got an an aftermarket trunk from Mutazu Motorcycle Trunks. They have many to cause from, and reasonablely priced. Also there are hundreds on E-bay. I had to rebuild the luggage rack to beef it up. It won't support the box, luggage, and a rider pushing on the back. Not hard to do, just needs more steal and some welding to support it all at the base and at the rack.. Good luck. Don

Road Star Trike

Does anybody know of any trike conversion kits for the Road Star other than the Champion kit? Would love to use the Frankenstein kit if it wasn't just for Harleys.
Yes, Call Jeff at Kool Trikes in Johnson Creek WI he can sure help you.The number is 920-648-4800. The:)y are also in Texas.

Go to trikingtrikes.com and check the one out at bottom of page. And they are available with a electric reverse that does 10 mph in reverse. My friend has a royal star with their kit on it in North Carolina that is a pretty Black one..

Google Roadstar Clinic, it is a forum with some of the greatest minds and guys you will ever meet. A member by the name of Hard One To Get has triked one out. Tell them Lightnin said Hello

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png